Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's snowing

6-8" up top!

Re: Thanks for the Pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    2. Noski any word on this season's projected total?
    You really want me to do this, don't you......

ok. My guess this year is 314". As we go along, I will be averaging YTD totals for SB and for MRG to arrive at this number. I am sure you will keep track of my progress as the year progresses. Prior years I have been using the snowfall total that is higher as my yardstick, but this year, I think I will average the two as we go along. Game on. Ytd avg =6.5" (9"sb~4"mrg), I am 2% to goal....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Re: Thanks for the Pics.

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    2. Noski any word on this season's projected total?
    You really want me to do this, don't you......

ok. My guess this year is 314". As we go along, I will be averaging YTD totals for SB and for MRG to arrive at this number. I am sure you will keep track of my progress as the year progresses. Prior years I have been using the snowfall total that is higher as my yardstick, but this year, I think I will average the two as we go along. Game on. Ytd avg =6.5" (9"sb~4"mrg), I am 2% to goal....
    pin this.

great pictures.

314" is a good year. I'll take that. I hope it comes early and late and all in between.

I can't wait so I am off to Sunday River. They opened today!!! That's some kicka$$ snowmaking they got there.

Chow for now.....
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

314 with no freeze thaws. Please

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier
    No freeze/thaws? It wouldn't be the East Coast!
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier
    No freeze/thaws? It wouldn't be the East Coast!
    It can happen though. In 1993, I wished for snow on the ground all winter in CT. and it happened!!! This is the year!!!

I would happy for a great Xmas/New Years snowise, seems like it's been a few years. A dump after most have arrived would be perfect. Last year it was the tropics for Christmas and then ice station zebra for the New Years fireworks and torchlight parade.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

We are presently experiencing our first snow of the season, resulting from the present Nor'Easter. But here's the catch....
    I'm about 6 miles away from Long Island Sound in south coastal Connecticut! About 15 miles to the north, snow has coated some grassy surfaces and cars and driving home, it was a whiteout on the highway.

I NEVER remember snow this far south this early... it feels more like Thanksgiving than 2 weeks before Halloween. We're in for the long haul and if this keeps up, we may be looking at a great start to the season.

Granted, it'll probably warm up to 60 down here next week... which is where we should be. But to see the white stuff falling now just gets me more amped up to come back to the 'Bush... fingers crossed for 4-6 weeks!!!

It allllways balances itself out. Snow now could mean a dry, warm Thanksgiving... but maybe a white Christmas (instead of a soggy one)? One can only hope...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay
    We are presently experiencing our first snow of the season, resulting from the present Nor'Easter. But here's the catch....
    I'm about 6 miles away from Long Island Sound in south coastal Connecticut! About 15 miles to the north, snow has coated some grassy surfaces and cars and driving home, it was a whiteout on the highway.

I NEVER remember snow this far south this early... it feels more like Thanksgiving than 2 weeks before Halloween. We're in for the long haul and if this keeps up, we may be looking at a great start to the season.

Granted, it'll probably warm up to 60 down here next week... which is where we should be. But to see the white stuff falling now just gets me more amped up to come back to the 'Bush... fingers crossed for 4-6 weeks!!!

snowing pretty hard here in the Hudson Valley too.

Well, finally got the last of my snow pix up.

Got interrupted by the need to set up my show and then a disk drive that informed me it was almost totally full. Finally got enough stuff moved over to Mr Little, and the show...? Uh... That was yesterday. (I'm sure y'all listened!) Some went into the Misc album, and some went into the Foliage gallery.

Here are a few of the ones from my Misc gallery:

The others should show up in my Foliage gallery, shortly.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.