looking for advice on ski purchase

Hi all,

If you like bumps, ( straight-line a possible) trees - (70%-90% of a day provided the base is sufficient), and like shorter, quicker turns - I'm not a GS cruiser, but the reality of eastern hardpack must be a consideration, 6-10 days out West, what one ski(s) would you consider?
    I like wood core, I like light-weight, and I want to look at 84mm-90mm underfoot with some good kick in the tails, what are your suggestions? What reverse camber problems - if any - have you all encountered?

I realize a quiver is standard practice, I have that, but the main consideration is tighter trees and powder days that can still spring on all but ice-covered bumps.
    Looking at Atomic, K2, and a Salomon, but open to others - no real preference in brand, just something that can handle 190 lbs+ at 177-184 length. 30-35 days a year. If they last me three years - I am a happy camper.
    Thanks for the advice in advance.

Re: looking for advice on ski purchase

Quote Originally Posted by jwt
    Hi all,

If you like bumps, ( straight-line a possible) trees - (70%-90% of a day provided the base is sufficient), and like shorter, quicker turns - I'm not a GS cruiser, but the reality of eastern hardpack must be a consideration, 6-10 days out West, what one ski(s) would you consider?
    I like wood core, I like light-weight, and I want to look at 84mm-90mm underfoot with some good kick in the tails, what are your suggestions? What reverse camber problems - if any - have you all encountered?

I realize a quiver is standard practice, I have that, but the main consideration is tighter trees and powder days that can still spring on all but ice-covered bumps.
    Looking at Atomic, K2, and a Salomon, but open to others - no real preference in brand, just something that can handle 190 lbs+ at 177-184 length. 30-35 days a year. If they last me three years - I am a happy camper.
    Thanks for the advice in advance.
    I bought skis at the end of last season and have similar terrain considerations. Obviously it would be best to demo a bunch of skis to compare how they work for you. I did some research and then tried out the Dynastar Legend, K2 explorer, some Head ski, and the Line Profit 90. I didn't ski them on the same day so there were different conditions although I tried to put them through a similar regimen of trees, groomers and bumps. I'm 180lbs and tend to ski light. Meaning I am not hard charging and need a little bounce to my boards, especially in the bumps where I tend lean back a bit. The Head and the K2 didn't do much for me. A lot of people rave about the Legend (including some who are much better skiers and more knowledgeable about skis than I am) so it came down to that and the Line but I found the Profit to be livelier and more responsive. The Legend seemed heavy and is probably better for someone who is more aggressive.

take this for what it's worth.