Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So, 3G is fine on the mountain and in the valley? I was thinking about changing from Verizon to Sprint.

Thanks for any insight.

Let me chime in. In order to get Verizon here last winter we gave them a free site in our 22 acre lot to put up a temporary tower. Because of the location one can get good service in the Lincoln Peak area and parts of East Warren and East Waitsfield. I get very good bars at my house. Verizon is going to put in a permanent tower high up in Sugarbush Village, but they did not get this done this summer, so the same temporary tower is being used. I hope that when they get this tower in place, they will then put something up at Mt. Ellen. We are eager to help them. The best thing to do if you are a Verizon user is to call them and tell them you need service in the Valley or you are switching. We convinced them last year that the majority of our visitors use Verizon and are angered not to get service here and are thinking or switching to another service.

Personally, I have AT&T and am very pleased with the service. The only spots where I do not get service in The Valley are in the heart of Warren Village and Rte 100 between the Citgo Station and Hap's. I get good bars at both base areas, in Slidebrook and along German Flats. Last week when I was in the New York area I actually experienced more problems with dropped calls than I have experienced in the Valley.

Huge thanks for the cell info.

Are you using an ATT smartphone that needs 3G to be effective, or just making regular calls? I really need a blackberry that works in the valley, but would prefer to cut my bill almost in half if possible with another carrier.

However, I've been very pleased with Verizon service in civilization for the last nine years, and will put in a complaint tomorrow.
    (I've had a lot of practice on here)

Hoping Vermont gets blanketed with lots of coverage and lots of snow in the near future.

ATT iPhones work fine for voice and E data, but there is no 3G that I can see yet.

I was a verizon customer for 12 years or so,... came to the valley and had to buy a "local" (Unicel) phone - it was a pay as you go deal that had good coverage at the mountain - which is where I need it. I would forward my verizon calls to my Unicel phone when I hit exit 5 on 89. This worked for a few years until I decided to dump verizon and switch to ATT. Upgraded to the latest and greatest BB Bold 3G. I do not get 3G service at the mountain but it does not effect data coming through at all. BB Bold is a wifi capable phone - when you go in the Gate House, you can utilize the free wifi service for faster transfer rate.