Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lookin' pretty good up here... More to come

Really ugly looking day, today. But I've started taking a few pix of the foliage, as it is turning.

These are a few from the last few weeks/days.

We're supposed to have a front come thru and then the temp will drop. Things will get clear and dry. From what I'm hearing, it will be a cool, but clear weekend.

For those who like this scenery, the next 2-3 weeks are a good time to plan to be here.

I'll be putting more on my Photobucket gallery, as time goes on.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Can't really do it justice, but this is close to what I saw, off my deck, when I got back from doing my show, today:

Heading out to hike, shortly. This is. . . such a place to live!

Went up Coffee Run, Castlerock Connection (Prints say there was a big moose had gone the other way, since yesterday.) and down Pushover to Slowpoke.

Just a few pix from the hike:

And then, as I was finishing, I stopped of for some blackberries. Running out of time for them.

Even more in my Photobucket site.

Should be a good weekend, according to today's forecast.

Thanks for the pics, Lostone. I was wondering how things were shaping up. Drove a little north yesterday and it was quite pretty but not peak. Just starting to turn here in SE Central NH.

This is a shot from our hike on Sunday.

Couldn't resist posting this one of Angie taking a rest stop on nature's blanky. ; }

Yeah, we've got a way to go until peak, but I like the bright colors mixed with a goodly amount of green.

I was just sitting out on my deck, looking out on the hill, and saying, "Damn! I'm COLD!" I was supposed to be commenting on how nice it looks, but yesterday I was hiking in a t-shirt and shorts, and today it is barely over 50°, and cloudy.

Still, it does look great. And the sun is due to come out, full, in around an hour.

I just want to thank you Lostone. You just made up our mind. We were comming up for an extra long weekend for Columbus Day......but after seeing the colors we desided to head up next weekend also. I don't want to miss it you know.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I hear you. After I bought this place, but before I moved up, I would make it a point to get up every weekend from the end of August, until we ran out of color. These are the early turners, and you can see a lot of green, but when I onlyhad weekends, I woudltry like anything to get at least one good weekend day.

Now they are calling for rian for Sunday, but tomorrow is still supposed to be quite good. I hope so! I love this season.

Winter is ok, too.

Yes... Still more!

Friday, I rode Bravo up and hiked down, shooting here and there.

Had some problems due to those pesky clouds and late afternoon lighting, but managed to get a good shot, or two.

Saturday, I rode Bravo up, and hiked to and from the peak. I'll be working on those shots, directly.

Again, more shots than I've posted, in my Photobucket album.

With the cold night on Friday and the cool rainy day yesterday the color has jumped up a few notches. Should be pretty good this weekend, peak in a week or so IMHO.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

I agree with the fact that things are starting to accelerate, in the way of colors. Unfortunately, there is so much mist and drizzle around that I'm not able to get any good shots. Certainly hope that changes soon.

In the mean time, I finally got the time to go thru the foliage shots from Saturday, and got some of them up.

From the top:

From Murphy's:

From the lift:

A few panoramic shots and surprises in the album.

No peak foliage shots, because my time machine isn't working, yet. I'm shooting good looking patches and waiting for... this:

Shots look great Lostone (as usual). Not quite a substitute for the real thing, but it's certainly nice for those of us who can't be there for the real thing.

Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

There was a short break in the rain, today. And the mist wasn't too bad. Grabbed a few shots. There was a low cloud level so there was no sun, but the mist wasn't too bad, and I was able to clean up enough for a few shots.

Some of the ones in the album are pretty good, but they're sort of panoramic, so they were too wide to post here.

Last Friday was forecast to be a misty cloudy day. Instead, the sun came up early and often. ( )

I got out, headed out in the car, hit a couple places where I suspected I might get in a good shot or two. Then I came back and headed over to the mountain, took the lift up, and hiked down.

I still haven't pulled the pix out of my Minolta, but had over 160 in my Canon. I've posted some of them in my Photobucket album. New stuff shows up on page 4. Just a few of them, for your viewing pleasure:

Who is this guy?

Lots more in the album.

Nice shots Lost! First thing this morning the upper mountain was once again caught in a cloud. About an hour later some sun broke thru in places so I took a break and took these. The color this weekend is going to be epic IMHO.

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.