Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm coming home this weekend! Weather better stay nice, I missed peak foliage last year... if I see anything half as good as the shots you guys are posting I'll be pretty pleased though.

Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    I'm coming home this weekend! Weather better stay nice, I missed peak foliage last year... if I see anything half as good as the shots you guys are posting I'll be pretty pleased though.
    Ithaca foliage is pretty good especially looking at the lake.

Thank you for the pictures, they look great. I hope some of the colors stay for the long weekend.
    If you can not see it....do not ski it.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Yes, but when you're raised in VT... it doesn't really compare.

I saw a pic on a photog's site the other day from Ithaca with the lake and the foliage and it was really beautiful. Much nicer than that song about the lake, Cornell and the smell
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    I saw a pic on a photog's site the other day from Ithaca with the lake and the foliage and it was really beautiful. Much nicer than that song about the lake, Cornell and the smell
    Great early fall shot of Cornell and the area: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....6/27DV7522.jpg

Sorry for being off-topic Lostone. Here, I'll bring it back. Weather.com 10-day for Warren: Rain/Snow Showers! http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre...i/tenday/05674

Perhaps I'm overly optimistic but the NOAA forecast shows a chance of snow on the summits on Sat night, Sunday looks decent. Alittle snow would be an awesome sight for everyone to see. I think(?) all the snow on the upper mountain last year on Oct 1st was totally gone by Columbus Day weekend
    Sugarbusher since 1970

It is confirmed... I'll be up for the weekend. Look for me with my trademark "Shady" sweatshirt and a Sugarbush hat. There's more condo cleaning to do and bringing up the first load for the winter.

Foliage is starting to come alive down here in CT.... looking forward to seeing some more color than my last visit back in mid Sept. However as quick as it comes, it seems to go even quicker.

10-day showed regular snow showers for lower elevation VT points by late next week. Sure that's 8-10 days out, but seems comforting to know that it will be coming quicker than we think. As long as it stays until late April, it can come now all it wants!

I woke up this morning to pouring rain. The sun is now peaking and I can see blue patches. Should be an awsome week.

Here is the view this morning from the deck. The colors are really bright this year.....

...and Jay, i'm right below you. Maybe I will see you around this weekend.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Psst... You forgot the pic!

I'd post one from my deck, but I have to get ready for my show tomorrow, and have some emails to reply to. Then, maybe I'll pull the pix from my hike, yesterday.

I just love this season.

ETA

Did you sneak it in while I was posting, or did it just not show up at first, on mine?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Lostone, I used the "add image to post" that is at the bottom left of the text box. I can see the image. It took a while to load though. Can anyone else see the image?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

It is there, now. But when I first looked, it wasn't. I even refreshed the page, before posting. When it came back to review my post, the image was there. Thus the ETA.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I can see the image....great view from your deck.
    If you can not see it....do not ski it.

Nice view for the fireworks too!
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I woke up this morning to pouring rain. The sun is now peaking and I can see blue patches. Should be an awsome week.

Here is the view this morning from the deck. The colors are really bright this year.....

...and Jay, i'm right below you. Maybe I will see you around this weekend.

I was gonna say, did you hop up on my deck and take that shot?

Probably be up Friday afternoon. So much to do and so little time!