Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bill board in Northampton Mass.

I was on I-91 going up to Greenfield for work yesterday when I noticed that Sugarbush has a bill board. In the past I have seen Stowe and Okemo with the bill boards, but never the Bush. It was a be Better Here Logo. More Marketing I guess. NOt a bad thing, unless you are one who hates bill boards.

We hate Billboards in Vermont. This is just South of the Border. Glad to saw it. It is a summer image and we will to a winter image later this fall.

I thought it was a summer theme, but when zipping through the corner I caught it at the last minute. I go through there all the time and that was the first time I noticed it. Good to see it though. Thanks again. and as always Thinking Snow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by win
    We hate Billboards in Vermont. This is just South of the Border. Glad to saw it. It is a summer image and we will to a winter image later this fall.
    I saw it in July and I really liked it. It was nice to see it as I headed home...made me feel much happier in fact!

"Be Better Here... All Year"

Saw it as I rounded the last NB corner in Northampton, with a big mountain bike pic on it, right after the Basketville billboard.

Since I've been coming up to Vermont (1991), that board has advertised Stowe. "Billboard Row" in Hartford (CT) (just after I-84 heading north) has always advertised southern areas (Mt Snow, Okemo) ... never seen a Bush billboard before.

Shady, my friend, check your prescription! It was a kid on the zip line. Glad you saw it, though. The key were the words you saw and the association with Sugarbush. The lifts await you!

My mistake, Win... always forget that zipline!

Billboards

We flatlanders like billboards, particularly when they have images of eden. The creator made Vermont so he/she would have a place to go for vacations. Why not Sugarbush when all our competitor's have billboard's? We have to fight the enemies on their turf. We are a big league mountain. We have to play big league ball. More customers will pay for the the various improvements that we all desire. ...and for a working stiff caught in the flatlands, a billboard on a highway is a reminder of his real/fantasy life as a ski bum. Besides, good billboard
    s are pop art in it's most effective medium. Think of all the classic billboard
    s that you can't get out of your head. You sell the sizzle, not the steak.
    Beside's it is axiomatic that you cannot underestimate the taste of the American public...that's why our politics are as they are.

Can anyone get a picture of the billboard on here?

Re: Billboards

Quote Originally Posted by notorious
    We flatlanders like billboards, particularly when they have images of eden. The creator made Vermont so he/she would have a place to go for vacations. Why not Sugarbush when all our competitor's have billboard's? We have to fight the enemies on their turf. We are a big league mountain. We have to play big league ball. More customers will pay for the the various improvements that we all desire. ...and for a working stiff caught in the flatlands, a billboard on a highway is a reminder of his real/fantasy life as a ski bum. Besides, good billboard
    Beside's it is axiomatic that you cannot underestimate the taste of the American public...that's why our politics are as they are.
    From one protagonist (in my own world anyway...) to another much more notorious than I, axiomatic is a fantastic word to use here, (also refers to a 1995 collection of short science fiction stories by Greg Egan nevertheless unrelated with exception to the last name of another protagonist in the proximity).

Speaking aphorismatically, billboards; thoughts in our heads; memories from 165 days ago; photographs, whatever flavor of mental image any of us can conjure up or command from our minds will never trump the true experience of "being" there, very very soon......., which some of us wish was today!

Demonstrably, see you opening day on the first (public) chair sir?

Re: Billboards

Quote Originally Posted by 007
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious
    From one protagonist (in my own world anyway...) to another much more notorious than I, axiomatic is a fantastic word to use here, (also refers to a 1995 collection of short science fiction stories by Greg Egan nevertheless unrelated with exception to the last name of another protagonist in the proximity).

Speaking aphorismatically, billboards; thoughts in our heads; memories from 165 days ago; photographs, whatever flavor of mental image any of us can conjure up or command from our minds will never trump the true experience of "being" there, very very soon......., which some of us wish was today!

Demonstrably, see you opening day on the first (public) chair sir?
    Wow, I see you found the online verson of Merriam-Webster 007. .....but instead of using all those 25 cent words you could have bought me a beer at Castlerock.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I did not know that I was going to get a vocab. lesson off a post about a bill board.

Not the best shot... I was the only one in the truck and someone from Florida was driving 50 mph... nevertheless here it is in case you haven't seen it yet...

Okay, I was finally back up in the Northampton area and actually got off the highway to take a picture of the Billboard. My camera is a piece of junk as it is for work but here are a couple. You can't read the bottom corner from the highway as the print is too small. But it says 2.5 hours north only. That is definitely moving on the highway or should I say Zipping.

The new logo "looks better here".