Farmers Almanac predicitng cold and snow for New England

The Farmers Almanac is predicting cold and snow fory New England this winter.
    THe Farmers ALmamac is pretty reliable when it comes to predicitng weather, about 80% accurate.

http://news.aol.com/article/farmers-almanac-predicts-cold-winter/647862?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle %2Ffarmers-almanac-predicts-cold-winter%2F647862

I always wanted to be a weather man.....it is one of the only jobs were being wrong is accepted as the norm.

We should all start doing the Snow dance....50 days and counting down to opening day.
    If you can not see it....do not ski it.

Hope is not a method, but there is no downside, so everyone hope they are correct!

There is no science behind the Farmers Almanac.

The following, however, is plagiarized from a meteorologist on a weather board. Take it for what it's worth considering the renowned accuracy of the field.

There are indications that the current El Niņo/walker system will take on a dipole nature this cold season where two main regions will focus forcing. Depending on which one is dominate will determine what type of pattern we will see this winter. There will be some cardinal rules for this winter when dealing with momentum tendencies and MJO forcing.

At this point in time, there are several positive signs looking ahead for a cold/snowy winter across most of the eastern states and some of the latest trends in SST are excellent. The latest North Pacific/Atlantic trends are promising for a path that could lead to a nice winter down the road. At times, I could see a typical El Niņo pattern but shifted somewhat west of composites while at other times a pattern not anything like an El Niņo composite. I will elaborate more in time but I wanted to comment that I think the latest trends are promising for cold and snow prospects.

The Chilean Current is certainly trying to give ENSO a good fight as we finish out August. The whole system seems to be focusing forcing/circulation like that of an east-based event currently however SSH waves tend to disagree with this idea (further cooling east and warming west). Given how we look at this time, I think the dipole idea is going to suffice but I want to actually get all of August's data in and move into early September before getting more detailed.

A friend of mine says:
    "Expect the worst, hope for the best, and you won't be disappointed"

It seems every year the Pharmers Almanac predicts a cold/snowy winter. Sometimes they're right, sometimes wrong, but I don't know if their prediction sources are any more accurate than mine.

Honestly, noone can predict the weather. I wish I were a meteorologist, as they have a job no matter how wrong they are. In fact, I wish I had any kind of job right now, but that day is hopefully coming as those days grow shorter and I prepare to point my rig towards my on-mtn residence for 09/10.

I always pray for cold and a lot of snow every winter. Sure, it comes and goes and every year it seems we have a January thaw. Hopefully it'll be better than last year... just seemed like I observed way too many rainy days up on the Gate House.

Correction.... it WILL be better than last year!

All I can hope for is it to stay cold...no freeze thaws... We get the precipitation. We just want it to be snow and stay soft and fluffy!

Not quit time for my snow dance but soooooon