Looking for NYC area ride shares for this winter

Is there anyone in the NYC area that drives up to Sugarbush on a regular or semi-regular basis during the winter? I am willing to help with driving/gas etc. I currently live in Brooklyn and ideally would like to go up 2 weekends a month during ski season. please contact me if interested.

Re: Looking for NYC area ride shares for this winter

Quote Originally Posted by Birch Boy
    Is there anyone in the NYC area that drives up to Sugarbush on a regular or semi-regular basis during the winter? I am willing to help with driving/gas etc. I currently live in Brooklyn and ideally would like to go up 2 weekends a month during ski season. please contact me if interested.
    Unless you have lodging arranged already, you should look into ski clubs. I joined Miramar (www.miramar.org) a couple years ago. They do bus trips basically every weekend from Manhattan (with a stop in NJ) and have a lodge near Sugarbush. There is also Swiss Ski Club which does car pools every(?) weekend and a couple bus trips year, and they also have a lodge near Sugarbush. I have never gone with them.

-Kenny

do you drive in your own vehicle as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mattlucas
    Don't have my own vehicle A couple times a year I might end up renting a car and driving up or going up with my dad in his car. But just renting a car from Manhattan for a 2-day ski weekend can come close to the cost of the entire weekend with the ski club (maybe minus 1 of the days' lift tickets).
    -Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1
    Don't have my own vehicle A couple times a year I might end up renting a car and driving up or going up with my dad in his car. But just renting a car from Manhattan for a 2-day ski weekend can come close to the cost of the entire weekend with the ski club (maybe minus 1 of the days' lift tickets).
    Guess I should add, that rental car + gas probably IS more than the entire weekend with a ski club including 2 days of tickets. And the ski club has great lift ticket deals (last year SB and Stowe were $49 I think, maybe one of them was less). I could still get their deals if I drive up alone, but that would require planning and buying vouchers ahead of time, rather than getting it from them while on the trip.
    -Kenny

Thanks, I'll look into those as well.

Thanks, I'll look into those as well.
    No problem. Where in NYC do you live? Do you have a car? Clubs still have their benefits even if you have a car, but if you don't, that's where it really makes things easier/cheaper. A nice thing about having your own car (or even renting) is that you are totally in control of your schedule. But then even though I sometimes like the drive (without traffic), it's also nice not to have to worry about focusing on a long drive, especially Sunday afternoon.
    -Kenny