Winter 09-10 Predictions

Since the mid summer doldrums seemed to have sparked flights of fancy (ala the 15 mil thread), delaying the start of my work this morning I Googled this tidbit below. I'm hoping this fuels some of the more accomplished weather bugs on this board to get their oija boards fired up abnd substantiate by belief that this winter is goig to be flush with dumpage. And Noski, respectfully, last year was nice, but I hope that you've been shopping for yet another bigger bucket for your annual autumnal computations.

Snow dancin' in flip flops. Happy August everyone.

YS

"According to AccuWeather.com's Chief Meteorologist and Expert Long Range Forecaster Joe Bastardi, cooler-than-normal weather this summer in the Northeast could point to a cold, snowy winter for the Northeast and mid-Atlantic states. He says the heart of winter will be centered over the area from Boston to Washington, D.C.

The areas that will be hit hardest this winter by cold, snowy weather will be from New England through the Appalachians and mid-Atlantic, including North Carolina. Areas from New York City to Raleigh have gotten by the past two years with very little snowfall. This year these areas could end up with above-normal snowfall."

FWIW-On the weather board I troll around, JB is a running joke. His predictions are seen as being tailored to what the paying audience wants to hear.

...the same day AccuWeather ran that story they ran another one stating that El Nino would be strong this year. In essence, they contradicted themselves.

I'm into the law of averages. Last year was Ok or middle of the road. So this year......Dumpage!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Uh...dudes...

....isn't it still mud and margarita season ?

But, as long as I'm here, I would like to upgrade the dumpage prediction to "huge, ridonculous, once-in-a-decade super dumpage", if that's okay. Now, back to my regularly scheduled summer.....

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Hey Smootharc,

Is it ever not margarita season???

With all that predicted snow, better start working hard at Pilates. We'll need abs of steel for pounding through all that Pow!

Pilates core work is....

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski
    Hey Smootharc,

Is it ever not margarita season???

With all that predicted snow, better start working hard at Pilates. We'll need abs of steel for pounding through all that Pow!
    ....well underway. I'm just hoping my new strong core can compensate for my eternally weak mind !

Re: Winter 09-10 Predictions

I've been gone the last couple of winters... that's why the winters have been great.

However, I'm returning to New England in September. I've already ordered my season's pass.

Sadly, that means this winter will likely be merely average.

Re: Winter 09-10 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ManyTurns
    I've been gone the last couple of winters... that's why the winters have been great.

However, I'm returning to New England in September. I've already ordered my season's pass.

Sadly, that means this winter will likely be merely average.
    go away!

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn

Welcome dump?

Yea, What Howie said,...

Actually, welcome back. Just don't get in line in front of me on a powder day. Tenure, you know!

Hawk will let you in front of him.

Definitely cut in front of Barkbiter. It will be the best free entertainment the rest of us can have!!!!

Re: Welcome dump?

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski
    Yea, What Howie said,...

Actually, welcome back. Just don't get in line in front of me on a powder day. Tenure, you know!

Hawk will let you in front of him.

Definitely cut in front of Barkbiter. It will be the best free entertainment the rest of us can have!!!!
    Nevermind personal animosity. (Besides I think BB kind of likes it.) Anyway, please refrain from making any reference to line cutting, cutsies, no cutsies, etc.

That miserable rabbit hole is particularly rancorous and knows no bottom.