Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May 9th for SB

Starting tomorrow we will be pushing snow around to try to piece together Upper Snowball so that we can try to have Stein's, Snowball and Spring Fling for Saturday and Sunday. Stein's is for sure. The others will depend on what our groomers can accomplish as we have a large bare spot on "the rock garden to repair".

It is Ok to dream, but we will not be open May 9th. A Nowegian friend of mine once gave a toast and the end of a meal. "There is a time to come and a time to go and the time for going has come". This will be the final weekend. We will once again have had one of the longest season in the USA. It has been a good winter, and I really appreciate everyone's passion even if we don't always agree!

As far as the latest Sugarbush has even been open, I believe in the first year of ASC ownership before Killington became part of the empire it latest until late May with only Stein's open. I never skied that time of year then, so I don't have first hand knowledge. You see, I was involved in lesser sports in those days and put the skis away at the end of March.

Last Saturday, as you know, could not have been nicer. We had just over 700 on the mountain, the vast majority were employees and pass holders. On Sunday we had around 230. This coming weekend last year when Killington was not open we had a couple of hundred, so you can see what happens to demand.

I understand that some people are hiking Mount Ellen, but, of course, we don't encourage or condone that, so if anyone is doing it beware of the sinkholes and water bars. Our staff is focused on other things than watching what happens there.

Thanks for the update Win. I tried to con my Sunday River friends to come over this weekend since they closed for the season. It seems like they were more interested in going to that other ski area in Maine that begins with Sugar. I told them they had the wrong sugar because ours is sweeter!

See you on the hill!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

silly question.. ticket prices are what? I may make the drive...

dave

I like the idea of having a AT demo and clinic day up on the hill. This could be a good draw for the sport and even bring more people to be aware that there is more than one way to get to the top.
    If you can not see it....do not ski it.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBandit
    I like the idea of having a AT demo and clinic day up on the hill.
    +2 - although it would have to be a Tele demo day

It is really hot skinning up this time of year though. How about the weekend BEFORE the lifts spin in the fall. Think about how psyched people would be to do it then Plus the potential publicity of first to "open" and sales opportunity for the vendors at the beginning of the season instead of the end.

I know - will never happen - too many liability issues

We have a two day ticket for $39 and $29 if you bring a 08/09 season pass from another area. The $29 apply to Mount Ellen Only pass holders and Sugarcards as well. Also on Sunday at 5pm we are raffling off a 09/10 all-mountain season pass to anyone who purchased a ticket or to any season pass holder or sugarcard holder who registers and skis either Saturday or Sunday. Suggest you get you get to the mountain this weekend.

Win mentioned the Sugarcard in his last post. I can't find any info on the 2009-10 Sugarcard on the website. Can anyone point me there or provide details? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skipjen
    Win mentioned the Sugarcard in his last post. I can't find any info on the 2009-10 Sugarcard on the website. Can anyone point me there or provide details? Thanks!
    I don't think the sugarcard is available anymore but people that already had them can still use them. Not sure but that's what I think. Also , not sure if all-mt. 5 passes will have to pay $29 this weekend or if they ski free since the mt. was not open midweek. Logic would suggest that but not clear on the site. But I'll be there just not sure if Hubby will ski or not. ; {

I believe the Sugarcard is still available, but I've never been able to find it on the website.

If I'm correct, it is around $35 to purchase then saves on all tickets. You might want to call the 800.53.SUGAR # and hopefully, they'll have the answer.

I had the answer at the beginning of the season, but there might just have been a few too many days between.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I always feel like the sugarcard is kind of complicated and hope the mtn revamps it for next year.

Hunter's big lift is an easy one:

full freight ticket price for the card (comes with a ski day if you buy it super early)
    50 percent off weekdays
    25 off weekends
    holiday blackouts

I wouldn't mind paying for an extra day or two premium if it came with the tickets, and having the blackout days only be good for ellen or some such.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with for next season for the people who can't break even on 20 days if they hope to ski MRG a bunch as well.

If your local you can call the season pass/tik office today and tomorrow, 583-6533 for info on the Sugarcard.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    If your local you can call the season pass/tik office today and tomorrow, 583-6533 for info on the Sugarcard.
    Just bought my passes online and the Sugarcard is in the onestore. It is $99. I thought they were doing away with it but I was wrong.