Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Look'en like a beautiful Weekend!

Look'en like a beautiful Weekend!

Mushy Mushy Corn Bumps.....

Dancing in the streets after wards!

And Sunday, not on the graphic display, just as good as Saturday!

This could be one of those spring skiing weekends that everyone remembers!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Word. I'll be up Sunday with the AZ crew.

Brilliant!

Catch up?

Should try for Saturday also!

Last weekend turned out to be fine. Saturday was a pass holders dreary day with GREAT WOODS RUNS. Followed by Sunny slowly warming blue sky day.

Skiing in 80 degree weather? Has that happened before (outside of Tuck's at least)?
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

80 Degrees.... Sure. 90 degrees? I never have.

Saturady and Sunday will be perfect. I expect to see all the ususal suspects on and off the hill.

Also great skiing with everybody last weekend. Just season pass holders and employees basically. We had the hill to ourselves on Saturady.
    Run after run in the woods up top.

See you Saturday!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I think Friday and Saturday will be awesome days and let's keep our fingers crossed for Sunday. The weather midweek 9 and tomorrow looks lousy too0 has been lousy, but the snow is still holding up well on Ripcord, Spillsville, Organgrinder, Upper Jester, Birdland, Snowball, Spring Fling and Stein's. I do want to reopen next weekend for a final Hurrah and my decision with be influenced by Mother Nature AND by how many of you are going to come out for some skiing and Mint Juleps.

Hey Win,

Any chance of opening Mt. Ellen? I hope to ski on Sunday, no mint juleps though.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by win
    let's keep our fingers crossed for Sunday.
    What do you mean by this, Win? The weather, or the snow holding out? A big AZ crew is heading up for Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by win
    let's keep our fingers crossed for Sunday.
    What do you mean by this, Win? The weather, or the snow holding out? A big AZ crew is heading up for Sunday.
    He must mean the weather because the coverage is awsome at HG and on Steins and Spring Fling.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Some reports are talking a RUMBLE of thunder for Sunday. That would close the lifts. ; {
    But if you go to the site and watch Win's Word you will see that he plans to audition for Chippendale's as a stripping skier and I think he should turn over his Mint Julep recipe asap! Can we have Mojito's instead?

Quote Originally Posted by skiladi
    Some reports are talking a RUMBLE of thunder for Sunday. That would close the lifts. ; {
    The forecast is now scattered T-storms. That wasn't there a couple days ago. That sucks. Still planning on heading up, but it would totally suck to have r**n and closed lifts.. Actually did the trip last year in May to ski in some drizzle, but still.

-Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1
    The forecast is now scattered T-storms. That wasn't there a couple days ago. That sucks. Still planning on heading up, but it would totally suck to have r**n and closed lifts..
    Where are you seeing that? NWS is still forecasting Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Bumps will be primed right from the opening bell. Start early in case something fires up in the afternoon. When will Bravo and Heaven's gate spin on Sunday? 9 or 10 am?

The forecast is now scattered T-storms. That wasn't there a couple days ago. That sucks. Still planning on heading up, but it would totally suck to have r**n and closed lifts..
    Where are you seeing that? NWS is still forecasting Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Bumps will be primed right from the opening bell. Start early in case something fires up in the afternoon. When will Bravo and Heaven's gate spin on Sunday? 9 or 10 am?
    Weather.com. Someone on AZ posted 9am for Bravo, 10am for Heaven's Gate, I believe.[/code]
    -Kenny

Weather.com. Someone on AZ posted 9am for Bravo, 10am for Heaven's Gate, I believe.[/code]
    Pfft. The Weather Channel sucks. I'm not buying it unless the NWS comes on board. They haven't updated since 3 am so maybe TWC has more recent info. We'll see. Still, I think you can get plenty of skiing in. Don't worry about it.