Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1
    Quote Originally Posted by skiladi
    Some reports are talking a RUMBLE of thunder for Sunday. That would close the lifts. ; {
    The forecast is now scattered T-storms. That wasn't there a couple days ago. That sucks. Still planning on heading up, but it would totally suck to have r**n and closed lifts..
    Where are you seeing that? NWS is still forecasting Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Bumps will be primed right from the opening bell. Start early in case something fires up in the afternoon. When will Bravo and Heaven's gate spin on Sunday? 9 or 10 am?
    Weather.com. Someone on AZ posted 9am for Bravo, 10am for Heaven's Gate, I believe.[/code]
    Pfft. The Weather Channel sucks. I'm not buying it unless the NWS comes on board. They haven't updated since 3 am so maybe TWC has more recent info. We'll see. Still, I think you can get plenty of skiing in. Don't worry about it.
    I wouldn't worry about it Greg. Lately scattered has meant Sunny. It's going to be a great day no matter how you slice it.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Some reports are talking a RUMBLE of thunder for Sunday. That would close the lifts. ; {
    The forecast is now scattered T-storms. That wasn't there a couple days ago. That sucks. Still planning on heading up, but it would totally suck to have r**n and closed lifts..
    Where are you seeing that? NWS is still forecasting Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Bumps will be primed right from the opening bell. Start early in case something fires up in the afternoon. When will Bravo and Heaven's gate spin on Sunday? 9 or 10 am?
    Weather.com. Someone on AZ posted 9am for Bravo, 10am for Heaven's Gate, I believe.[/code]
    Yes - Bravo is 9-5, all other lifts 10-4

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    "[A]ll other lifts"? Is Castlerock reopening for one last day?

-Kenny

Pfft. The Weather Channel sucks. I'm not buying it unless the NWS comes on board. They haven't updated since 3 am so maybe TWC has more recent info. We'll see. Still, I think you can get plenty of skiing in. Don't worry about it.
    I won't vouch for the weather channel, sometimes I just go there because it's easy and in my head. I'm not stressing over the forecast.
    -Kenny

Currently dumping snow at the mountain. Castlerock is all white again, although it probably won't reopen. Should be great turns right through the weekend.

Better be here!

John

I think the original from Greg was why Win wasn't "talking up" Sunday. There seems to be no doubt about the Friday and Saturday forecast but Sunday is a so Win is hoping for the best and I think we are right there with him. ; }

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    Currently dumping snow at the mountain. Castlerock is all white again, although it probably won't reopen. Should be great turns right through the weekend.

Better be here!

John
    I wondered about that when I saw the radar. See you there tomorrow. ; }

We can only hope - you know what I meant though.

We can only hope - you know what I meant though.
    Of course, hence the smiley. But there is only one other lift unless things change drastically for the better
    -Kenny

The NWS caught up with the increasing T-storm threat. Things can change...

NOAA is saying 30% chance.

In Vermont, in the spring and summer "Chance of afternoon thunder." is roughly the same as "Your mileage may vary."
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Sounds like its gonna be a heck of a Saturday up there... I'd be up there with you guys but I have moved back to CT due to some pressing family issues, though I hope to be back for next winter.

Shred it up for me!

Saturday is in the bag, and I am increasingly hopeful that Sunday will be a good one too!

It's 70 degrees at 9:00am with gusty SW winds. It rained overnight and was real windy. I thought they blew the forecast for a minute but woke to bluebird.

So yesterday's thoughts went........mtn bike...naaa......family matters....naaa.......house/yard work.......meh.........work....ARE YOU KIDDING! I'm headed NORTH! This is what I awoke to.....Great choice.

[/img]
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!