Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think the point that Lostone is making is that the Jump on slowpoke is made for kids and beginners. They did not make it at an element for expert skiers. They are not going to modify it for expert skiers. I am sure the mountain ops people thought that they did it right.

It's like an adult showing up at the playground and saying the swings are to small.

Your argument should be why isn't there a terrain park at Lincoln Peak? Now that I will support.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by madhavok
    Odd of you to mention the jumps because I happened to hurt my back on the first jump on slow poke this past Saturday...
    Now it isn't a big jump and I was slowing up the whole in run until I hit the kicker so you know I wasn't airing one out. The landing was terrible flat and frozen which left me with a bad back. The jump is fine, the there is no doubt that the landing needs to be extended. I don't believe anyone who thinks otherwise have hit the jump in the past few days.
    Sorry to hear about your back.... Kids hit those jumps all the time and land on the transition without any problems. Some of them actually land short because they are too slow on the in-run. I am not an expert, but it appears that jump requires just right amount of speed to hit the transition properly. Figuring out that speed is part of learning to jump safely.

Also jump is not high so extending the transition will make it flatter, so instead of nice steep transition you will have a longer flat one. That is not going to make your landing any more pleasant.

I have hit it and friends of mine hit it both Saturday and Sunday. Everything was nice and soft in the afternoon. If landing was still frozen, you might have been a little early.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I think the point that Lostone is making is that the Jump on slowpoke is made for kids and beginners. They did not make it at an element for expert skiers. They are not going to modify it for expert skiers. I am sure the mountain ops people thought that they did it right.

It's like an adult showing up at the playground and saying the swings are to small.

Your argument should be why isn't there a terrain park at Lincoln Peak? Now that I will support.
    I don't believe I read or ever heard that the terrain park on slowpoke was for lightweight skiers. You can't even say beginners because it is not a matter of skill, but physics...

Nice attitude.... AFAIK, people who care about their businesses like to hear feedback so that NEXT time they can do it right...
    1) I am not speaking here as an official member of the Sugarbush team. Anything I post here is my own opinion. I was doing so before I was an ambassador and will continue beyond that.

B) I remind you that this is not an official communication channel for Sugarbush. This is a place where people with interests in either mountain or the valley come to communicate their thoughts and opinions. Should you want to communicate with Sugarbush and get their official responses to your thoughts, feel free to contact them thru their website, send emails or stop in and express your thoughts to the friendly people at guest services.

III) You don't seem to get my point. What I am suggesting to you that (IMNATHO) instead of asking them to put substantial more work and expense into making the park what you would like, you should instead go to the one that was designed for what you wish. They already have it. Your pass price includes admission to it.

Should you find that not to your specifications, (Boy, wouldn't that be a surprise? ) feel free to let us know.

d) There is a joke by Henny Youngman. He goes to the doctor and says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." The doctor answers, "Then don't do that!"

Love to discuss it further, but it is a lovely day outside, and I think I'll go skiing.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Nice attitude.... AFAIK, people who care about their businesses like to hear feedback so that NEXT time they can do it right...
    1) I am not speaking here as an official member of the Sugarbush team. Anything I post here is my own opinion. I was doing so before I was an ambassador and will continue beyond that.

B) I remind you that this is not an official communication channel for Sugarbush. This is a place where people with interests in either mountain or the valley come to communicate their thoughts and opinions. Should you want to communicate with Sugarbush and get their official responses to your thoughts, feel free to contact them thru their website, send emails or stop in and express your thoughts to the friendly people at guest services.
    You're right, people NEVER post here to get the attention of the ski area.............................................. .............

III) You don't seem to get my point. What I am suggesting to you that (IMNATHO) instead of asking them to put substantial more work and expense into making the park what you would like, you should instead go to the one that was designed for what you wish. They already have it. Your pass price includes admission to it.

Should you find that not to your specifications, (Boy, wouldn't that be a surprise? ) feel free to let us know.

d) There is a joke by Henny Youngman. He goes to the doctor and says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." The doctor answers, "Then don't do that!"

Love to discuss it further, but it is a lovely day outside, and I think I'll go skiing.
    IMNTHO, running a cat over there to reshape the landing isn't that much work, especially when the cats are all over the mountain most night anyway........

Jumps are designed for jumping. If they for some inexplicable reason, only intended for small children to hit those jumps, they should give people a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    Jumps are designed for jumping. If they for some inexplicable reason, only intended for small children to hit those jumps, they should give people a heads up.
    Every jump is designed for certain speed to make it to the landing, you need to figure out what that speed is. That is your responsibility. If that speed is too slow for your taste, try big park. Or better yet keep working that keyboard, it is a lot easier on your back.

The jumps are correctly designed, regardless of weight, size or ability of the skier/ rider. Everybody needs to scope out the jumps before hitting them, so you don't overshoot the landing. If you overshoot the landing, then you have judged incorrectly. This is not an attack on anybody's skill level, it is the pure physics of gravity and velocity.

John

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    The jumps are correctly designed, regardless of weight, size or ability of the skier/ rider. Everybody needs to scope out the jumps before hitting them, so you don't overshoot the landing. If you overshoot the landing, then you have judged incorrectly. This is not an attack on anybody's skill level, it is the pure physics of gravity and velocity.

John
    I just don't agree with this. I went back there last weekend to try it out again. While yes, it is POSSIBLE to hit the jump at a slow walking pace, and land in the proper area, any amount of speed will result in overshooting. When I say any, I mean any. From a complete stop at the top of the inrun, I had to do several speed checks and be doing the snowplow going UP the jump to land anywhere near short enough. Now I'm fairly certain I don't have any special super speedy high flying jumping ability so I'd say the landing is too short. The MUCH smaller ramp right next to it has basically an identical landing, and that just doesn't make sense.

The jumps were sized to meet the requirements of Claybrook owners. DP, of all people, should understand that!

Quote Originally Posted by bill-now
    The jumps were sized to meet the requirements of Claybrook owners. DP, of all people, should understand that!
    It's a free-for-all down there... They need someone checking for those red claybrook passes... I hear they have someone stationed at the top of the church checking for them too...

Scoping and speed checking key.......

Overshooting ask Simon Dumont

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V2H9IdaxDg
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."