Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I think the 102 came out in about 1966

SRO, based on some more digging, I found that the 102 was released in 1966.

From the famous tricolour rooster logos emblazoned on their shark nose-shaped tips to their modestly flared tails, Rossignol's new 40/25 commemorative skis offer a tip of the tuque to Whistler's and Blackcomb's 40th and 25th anniversaries, respectively. The venerable French ski manufacturer custom-moulded 200 numbered pairs of this year's B2 all-mountain models. With graphics patterned after the café au lait-hued ones that graced Rossi's expert-rated Strato 102 line in 1966-the year...........

I think your stratos are newer than the original. But we'll keep looking................

Re: I think the 102 came out in about 1966

Quote Originally Posted by ahm
    SRO, based on some more digging, I found that the 102 was released in 1966.

From the famous tricolour rooster logos emblazoned on their shark nose-shaped tips to their modestly flared tails, Rossignol's new 40/25 commemorative skis offer a tip of the tuque to Whistler's and Blackcomb's 40th and 25th anniversaries, respectively. The venerable French ski manufacturer custom-moulded 200 numbered pairs of this year's B2 all-mountain models. With graphics patterned after the café au lait-hued ones that graced Rossi's expert-rated Strato 102 line in 1966-the year...........

I think your stratos are newer than the original. But we'll keep looking................
    Sounds good, day off so I need to get some errands done, want to get up to Mellon by 11. After these posts I started thinking about taking the Strato's out but I threw away the boots that are matched up last summer.

Please do some snow dancing!
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Re: Dins

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    ... By their logic, a heavier or taller person has stronger ligaments. I just don't know if there is any physiological evidence to back that up.
    RS Jones et al., Mechanical properties of the human anterior cruciate ligament, Clinical Biomechanics, Volume 10, Issue 7, October 1995, Pages 339-344

"...Ultimate failure load was found to have a significant correlation with bodyweight. "
    http://tinyurl.com/dd3p9b

Now you know.

Re: Dins

Quote Originally Posted by daevious
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    ... By their logic, a heavier or taller person has stronger ligaments. I just don't know if there is any physiological evidence to back that up.
    RS Jones et al., Mechanical properties of the human anterior cruciate ligament, Clinical Biomechanics, Volume 10, Issue 7, October 1995, Pages 339-344

"...Ultimate failure load was found to have a significant correlation with bodyweight. "
    http://tinyurl.com/dd3p9b

Now you know.
    Thanks!!!! I could never find anything pointing to that.

Edit: Now what about height? I wonder if longer ligaments will tend to stretch instead of snap...

I wish there was a higher sample in that study..

I am also wondering how much of a roll physical activity plays, are highly active people more likely to have stronger ligaments than couch potatoes... I'd think so, but can't justify it.

So many questions