Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Daylight Savings Time

Not sure if this has been discussed in the past, but does anyone else feel that the mountain should change opening time in March to reflect the spring ahead this weekend. I have found that with the clocks rolling forward this Sunday, that the conditions in March can be tough in the early mornings. The fact is that the mountain is actually opening at 7 am rather than 8 am on weekends.(if the clocks had not sprung forward) This hour earlier does not allow things to soften up. I would like to see the first lifts at 8:30 am and other lifts at 9:30 am and closing at 4:30. Ideally I would like to see the mountain bump hours back a whole hour, but I think the half hour would be good too! I am only saying March as by April there is more morning sun at that point.

Just wondering!!!

Re: Daylight Savings Time

Quote Originally Posted by vonski
    Not sure if this has been discussed in the past, but does anyone else feel that the mountain should change opening time in March to reflect the spring ahead this weekend. I have found that with the clocks rolling forward this Sunday, that the conditions in March can be tough in the early mornings. The fact is that the mountain is actually opening at 7 am rather than 8 am on weekends.(if the clocks had not sprung forward) This hour earlier does not allow things to soften up. I would like to see the first lifts at 8:30 am and other lifts at 9:30 am and closing at 4:30. Ideally I would like to see the mountain bump hours back a whole hour, but I think the half hour would be good too! I am only saying March as by April there is more morning sun at that point.

Just wondering!!!
    I second that emotion.
    (Smokey Robinson)

i would like to see the moutain stay open until 4:30 in the spring.
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious
    I second that emotion.
    (Smokey Robinson)
    It does not matter if you only you ski 11 - 2.

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    I second that emotion.
    (Smokey Robinson)
    I second that emotion.....
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Later. Softer. 4:30 works for me too

I think it was discussed in the past, and the problem is that all the info out there says 9:00 (8:00 on weekends) to 4:00. It is impossible to convince people who've arrived for the 9:00 time, that 10:00 is worlds better than 9:00 in the early spring.

Still, I'm a firm believer that moving the start and end times with the moving of the clocks is much better. When the day before has been warm, the first hour can be deadly. Then, as things get good... time to go.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    I second that emotion.
    (Smokey Robinson)
    R U Talkin' 2 Me? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT7QQ...eature=related

Did I give U permission?

Why? Do you only ski until 2?

I think that any visitor would be pleased to know that they got there early and will be able to make up the time at the other end when the skiing is quite good. This will set Sugarbush apart from all other areas. Be Better Here would make sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I think it was discussed in the past, and the problem is that all the info out there says 9:00 (8:00 on weekends) to 4:00. It is impossible to convince people who've arrived for the 9:00 time, that 10:00 is worlds better than 9:00 in the early spring.

Still, I'm a firm believer that moving the start and end times with the moving of the clocks is much better. When the day before has been warm, the first hour can be deadly. Then, as things get good... time to go.

How about just keeping the lifts open an extra 1/2 hour and keep the opening the same. Be Better Here!

Quote Originally Posted by djd66
    How about just keeping the lifts open an extra 1/2 hour and keep the opening the same. Be Better Here!
    That would be significant added expense. Electricity and Labor!!

Lostone: I would also have to agree that everything does say 8 and 9. But it certainly could be changed for next year and mass emailing to those on the email lists and BIG banners on the website along with some press releases certainly would certainly limit those few that did not get the message this year. I really think the ski industry as a whole did not respond to this change and they should have. It has changed March skiing in my opinion. I think it was 2 years ago that I remember a weekend day in March, it might have been the first Sunday, wicked glaze of ice in the morning. I saw one person down the embankment by the junction under SB by Birdland, Murphys and Jester. He was not doing well at all. If you fell you went sliding but I do remember that things got better as things warmed up. Anyways, It certainly would be a good marketing thing if the change came at the Bush first. and again just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66
    I'm with djd66, just keep the lifts open later. That is the SOP at other resorts.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!