Thread: Reggae Fest

Reggae Fest

Anybody know if there is a Reggae Fest scheduled for this spring? Did not see anything on the web site. Thank you.

Re: Reggae Fest

Quote Originally Posted by slaw
    Anybody know if there is a Reggae Fest scheduled for this spring? Did not see anything on the web site. Thank you.
    That's Sugarloaf not Sugarbush......
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Calendar of Events
    42st Annual Pond Skimming & Reggaefest

Date: 3/28/2009
    Time:

Event Description:
    March 28, 2009: 42st Annual Pond Skimming & Reggaefest (Sugarbush Resort) Snow and water sports unite with this springtime favorite! Costume up and glide across the pond, or watch and soak up the sun. Prizes and live reggae music! www.sugarbush.com

From the Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce website

it is Sugarbush, they have been doing this for some years now and calling it Reggaefest

Well.... This may need some clarification. There is pond skimming as usual on March 28, and there is live music, but Sugarbush is not calling this a Reggae Fest. The "other" chamber does not have correct information on their site. I have notified SB event staff. Sorry, mon. Flake is right, though, that they have had a Reggae fest for many years following pond skimming.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Pay no mind to hawk... He's confused again... Last weekend in March is where it's at.

On a somewhat related note, pond skimming SHOULD be free... Or atleast earn you a couple drinks or something.. After all, we ARE the entertainment...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    On a somewhat related note, pond skimming SHOULD be free... Or atleast earn you a couple drinks or something.. After all, we ARE the entertainment...
    I agree! I know Jay gave out a season pass for best costume last year. I know this cause I won best costume with my son last year. I was the fisherman and my son the Dinosaur. I crashed bad but caught a Great white Shark, my kid made it half way before loosing his speed. Not bad for a 10 year old though. We won a couple t-shirts and other items. I was not complaining and still am not, but I saw the reward on the Jay site the next week for their skimming which was the next Saturday. So, if there was this type of award then I can see the 20 bucks! but I will probably pay to play again this year. That is if I can get the proper costume together. It really is a rush!

If your looking for big bucks try the Dummy Big Air contest. Two years ago, maybe it was three, there were two entrants plus SpongeBob was a last minute entrant and walked away, or rather the young couple who built him walked away with the $1000 prize.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    Pay no mind to hawk... He's confused again... Last weekend in March is where it's at.

Yup, I admit I spoke out of turn. But I would hardly call this a Reggaefest. You should try the one at SL if you want to see what it is really all about.

You see Dawn. At least I can admit I'm wrong.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Its all good....a lil Marley, a lil red stripe, some corn and I'll be happy. Just want to get away from cnbc. Will stick with Sugarbush and leave the SL trip to others. Hope they have fun too. I know I will.