Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FYI

Names

This is just wrong. Can't you guys pm each other on this topic? Showing a trusted friend a "secret stash" one thing. (The code was no more than one new person per line per year)
    Putting it up on the web is quite another.
    BTW, good luck on the road to Jerusalem. You'll need more than the Lord as your guide.

Holy shit! today was off the hook. There is so much snow that you can ski everything from Eden to Brambles. It's all one big woods run right now.
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

Re: Names

Quote Originally Posted by notorious
    This is just wrong. Can't you guys pm each other on this topic? Showing a trusted friend a "secret stash" one thing. (The code was no more than one new person per line per year)
    BTW, good luck on the road to Jerusalem. You'll need more than the Lord as your guide.
    What are you babbling about? I have no idea what you just said....
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

No one has directly posted any locations; we all know better. As we've been saying, names mean nothing.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Hey tossing names around just whets everyone's appetite. How many on the forum could actually ski Gangster's anyway? Much less get in there without impaling themselves on a tree limb. Playing these games is what makes this forum so fun. PS is it Phat Cat or Glory Line? I've heard it called both.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    What are you babbling about? I have no idea what you just said....
    Who Cares Apparently the code is no longer
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Let's interject a dose of reality here. Just cause someone puts a name to a line in the woods, doesn't make it a "secret stash". Might I suggest if you want to beat this dead horse, start a new thread.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Let's interject a dose of reality here. Just cause someone puts a name to a line in the woods, doesn't make it a "secret stash". Might I suggest if you want to beat this dead horse, start a new thread.
    Ditto. This went from an FYI to Name calling

FYI I am more concerned with the weather on Thursday.
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

I couldn't see worrying about topic drift as the original purpose of the thread was dead a couple hours after it was posted.

And after all... Isn't everything on the board... fyi?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Ski resort wrote;
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer

So, the line name I learned about, then asked a few on the mountian it's location, that I will bring all my friends and family to on Sat. morn is irrelevant? My only point was the more a name is used in any public form will bring more attention to it. Especially to the ones that are so easily accessible. Wish I were there today "searching"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    No one has directly posted any locations; we all know better. As we've been saying, names mean nothing.
    No one directly posted locations, but they weren't far off from it. If you know the mountain at all, you can pretty easily figure out from the descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by klop
    PS is it Phat Cat or Glory Line? I've heard it called both.
    I don't think the word phat was used too much when the Glory Line was cut.

So, the line name I learned about, then asked a few on the mountian it's location, that I will bring all my friends and family to on Sat. morn is irrelevant?
    Anyone who will show a stranger where a trail named Gangsters is is the same person who would show the same stranger any trail they know, were the stranger ask if they knew any woods off Birch, or wherever.

Were you to ask me, I'd say there were a lot of names for a lot of trails. I doubt I'd ski with you for long... or you with me.

My point is the name is inconsequential. It is more a problem of showing "untrustworthy" people your "secret stash"
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Names are irrelavent

Anyone who really wants to ski the trees only has to do a bit of homework either on the trails or via google earth. Then follow the tracks on a good day, especially in SB.

Unless you're carrying a leaf blower behind you to cover your tracks, expect to be followed.

Re: Names are irrelavent

Quote Originally Posted by muddy_hollow
    Unless you're carrying a leaf blower behind you to cover your tracks, expect to be followed.

Ah, Ronco's new Pocket Track Eraser, only $19.99. Oh, wait the next 100 callers will get 2 for the price of 1.