Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Your right Freeheel. How can you complain? I guess it was the constant complaining about trivial things on this site that got me going. Ridelikeme is obviously worked up about this. I should know beter. Actually he sounds very similar to someone on another thread.

I will say this, I could give a rats ass less about it. I would think that with all the boastful talk that he has something to prove or has a chip on his shoulder. But actually he's chewing gum.
    It would be great if people here could have opinions that differ from the kool aid drinkers and not get flamed or called names, but I digress.

I actually have nothing to prove, especialy to you. So you gonna answer my questions or flame away?

Also, you think those people giving "friendly ribbing" to the blazer crew really didn't care they were being snaked? You really think it was in fun? Sip some more kool aid.

Again, reading comprehension, not that big of a deal to me that I'm gonna go on a 50 page rampage and bring this to every half assed ski forum in America to have 60 blowhards like yourself flame me. It is about mutual respect, period.

So again, put your money where your mouth is, step back from your precious #1 spot in line and let the crew cut you on a powder day.

Quote Originally Posted by ridelikeme
    Your right Freeheel. How can you complain? I guess it was the constant complaining about trivial things on this site that got me going. Ridelikeme is obviously worked up about this. I should know beter. Actually he sounds very similar to someone on another thread.

I will say this, I could give a rats ass less about it. I would think that with all the boastful talk that he has something to prove or has a chip on his shoulder. But actually he's chewing gum.
    It would be great if people here could have opinions that differ from the kool aid drinkers and not get flamed or called names, but I digress.

I actually have nothing to prove, especialy to you. So you gonna answer my questions or flame away?

Also, you think those people giving "friendly ribbing" to the blazer crew really didn't care they were being snaked? You really think it was in fun? Sip some more kool aid.

Again, reading comprehension, not that big of a deal to me that I'm gonna go on a 50 page rampage and bring this to every half assed ski forum in America to have 60 blowhards like yourself flame me. It is about mutual respect, period.

So again, put your money where your mouth is, step back from your precious #1 spot in line and let the crew cut you on a powder day.
    With all due respect, if you review the posts, it seems to me you started the flaming. Bottom line is, this issue has been discussed, ad nauseum, in another thread recently and previously in multiple other threads. reasonable people can disagree

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2

With all due respect, if you review the posts, it seems to me you started the flaming. Bottom line is, this issue has been discussed, ad nauseum, in another thread recently and previously in multiple other threads. reasonable people can disagree
    Howie this was my first post on this topic, please tell me where I flamed anyone.....

" Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:07 am
    some of you say that if you want an early chair, you need to get there earlier....

how early do you have to be there to not get cut by the blazer group on a powder day?

Talk about entitlement, this poor dude was on the road at 3:45 in the a.m., gets to the mountain early, waits at the HG chair and then gets snaked by John and his brood. Who is the one behaving like they are entitled? The guy on the road at 345 in the morning, waiting 20+ minutes for HG to spin or the "Johnny come lately brood."

Some of you say 5 chairs is no big deal, it works both ways. If it is no big deal for the guy waiting for the chair to spin, why is it such a big deal for the blazers to burn that line of people?

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. What it is, is disrespect for everyone around you waiting. THe lack of respect is what the big deal is.

Blazers want first chairs, get their a$$es up that hill earlier to get in line like the rest of the cattle. Change the program so that the kids get dropped off earlier and get up the hill earlier, then its legit, no cutting necessary."

meanwhile, hawk says I have "sour grapes," or "something to prove" f that, bro. I just have an opinion that differs from the sheeple

I hesitate to add any fuel to this, but some clarification is needed.

Every time you step into line at Bravo, Gate House, HG, NL, GMX, NR, Summit, or the I, there is potential that somebody will use the ALC line. This has been the policy for as long as I can remember. Heckling kids on a powder day is not going to change this policy. Complaining about it on SkiMRV probably won't get it changed either. Win is the one to talk to, as has been noted before.

This is not about entitlement either, these kids' parents pay extra for a privilege. BTW, some of these kids got up very early to make the commute too.

And if you think these other understanding folks are sheeple, you don't really know us very well.

John

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2

Howie this was my first post on this topic, please tell me where I flamed anyone.....

" Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:07 am
    some of you say that if you want an early chair, you need to get there earlier....

how early do you have to be there to not get cut by the blazer group on a powder day?

Talk about entitlement, this poor dude was on the road at 3:45 in the a.m., gets to the mountain early, waits at the HG chair and then gets snaked by John and his brood. Who is the one behaving like they are entitled? The guy on the road at 345 in the morning, waiting 20+ minutes for HG to spin or the "Johnny come lately brood."

Some of you say 5 chairs is no big deal, it works both ways. If it is no big deal for the guy waiting for the chair to spin, why is it such a big deal for the blazers to burn that line of people?

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. What it is, is disrespect for everyone around you waiting. THe lack of respect is what the big deal is.

Blazers want first chairs, get their a$$es up that hill earlier to get in line like the rest of the cattle. Change the program so that the kids get dropped off earlier and get up the hill earlier, then its legit, no cutting necessary."

meanwhile, hawk says I have "sour grapes," or "something to prove" f that, bro. I just have an opinion that differs from the sheeple
    Your first post was not offensive. It was your second.
    sour grapes my ass broseph....I get more runs in before lifts turn on my own 2 feet than most can scrub all day, so no need to throw out that tired b.s. at me. Now, I can see from the fact you quoted part of my post, that you can read. How is your comprehension? We'll try again.

That to me, is flaming and the "sour grapes" comment was not. No biggie, but just because we differ (notice, I didn't say disagree), doesn't warrant calling us sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson

Every time you step into line at Bravo, Gate House, HG, NL, GMX, NR, Summit, or the I, there is potential that somebody will use the ALC line. This has been the policy for as long as I can remember. Heckling kids or coaches about it on a powder day is not going to change this policy. Complaining about it on SkiMRV probably won't get it changed either. Win is the one to talk to, as has been noted before.

John
    I will state this ONE LAST TIME....it is not about being upset that someone paying for lessons is getting the most out of their instructor, it is about a line of people standing there and getting snaked while waiting for the chair to open. End of story. Just like the rest of us, if you want the goods, get there early. It is bothersome that my crew gets there early to wait, doing the right thing and another crew rolls in, long after we have been there and slips in the front of the line. Sorry, it just smells bad.
    Cut the line all day long with the younguns, I get it. It just sux standing there for 20+ minutes, performing your due dilligence to get to the chair early and then get snaked going to the summit.
    No "sour grapes" nothing "to prove." Just a person who is considerate of others when on the hill and expects the same in return.

Every time you step into line at Bravo, Gate House, HG, NL, GMX, NR, Summit, or the I, there is potential that somebody will use the ALC line. This has been the policy for as long as I can remember. Heckling kids on a powder day is not going to change this policy. Complaining about it on SkiMRV probably won't get it changed either. Win is the one to talk to, as has been noted before.

This is not about entitlement either, these kids' parents pay extra for a privilege. BTW, some of these kids got up very early to make the commute too.

And if you think these other understanding folks are sheeple, you don't really know us very well.

John
    How about early meeting times on powder days to be at HG/CR by 8:30? If that is not feasible cut lines at the Bravo/Gate House until 9:30 and then go to CR/HG?

Why does only Mountaineering Blazers group get the early up on HG? What about the rest of adventure blazers?

[quote="HowieT2"][quote="ridelikeme"][quote="HowieT2"][quote="ridelikeme"]

That to me, is flaming and the "sour grapes" comment was not. No biggie, but just because we differ (notice, I didn't say disagree), doesn't warrant calling us sheep.
    tomato, tomaato. Sour grapes comment due to my "differing opinion" is offensive to me. There is no sour grapes due to the turns I earn on the regular. When stating that as defense to the "sour grapes,' then I had "something to prove," according to hawk. Quite honestly, when so many come out vehemently against a differing view, it makes the many look like sheeple. Defend everything done at the Bush at any cost. Don't let the low post count fool you into thinking that I haven't lurked this board for a very long time. I generally withold comment due to the attitudes towards the differing opinions.

Every time you step into line at Bravo, Gate House, HG, NL, GMX, NR, Summit, or the I, there is potential that somebody will use the ALC line. This has been the policy for as long as I can remember. Heckling kids or coaches about it on a powder day is not going to change this policy. Complaining about it on SkiMRV probably won't get it changed either. Win is the one to talk to, as has been noted before.

John
    I will state this ONE LAST TIME....it is not about being upset that someone paying for lessons is getting the most out of their instructor, it is about a line of people standing there and getting snaked while waiting for the chair to open. End of story. Just like the rest of us, if you want the goods, get there early. It is bothersome that my crew gets there early to wait, doing the right thing and another crew rolls in, long after we have been there and slips in the front of the line. Sorry, it just smells bad.
    Cut the line all day long with the younguns, I get it. It just sux standing there for 20+ minutes, performing your due dilligence to get to the chair early and then get snaked going to the summit.
    No "sour grapes" nothing "to prove." Just a person who is considerate of others when on the hill and expects the same in return.
    You are not being "snaked". The rules permit the blazers to go in front. They aren't being inconsiderate either, they are just following the rules. You may have a legitimate gripe with the rule, but not with those who are following same.
    Whatever, we should just have such problems this weekend. Think snow

You have a right to your opinion and that was not a flame. I just think your being a baby about it and that is my opinion.
    The other thing is I don't understand this thing about letting them in front of me. If they get in front of me fine. If I beat them to the punch fine.
    I don't drink coolaid I drink vodka or Long Tail. As for being a blowhard, I don't think so. I just don't care and people in front of me don't effect my experience. I guess I am just a glass half full kind of person. I don't get upset at people just because they get up the mountain in front of me. They, whoever they are, are not going where I am going. This is evidenced by the amount of untracked I got. That is all.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

They, whoever they are, are not going where I am going. This is evidenced by the amount of untracked I got. That is all.[/quote]

That's beautiful.....

Back to the original intention of this thread ... to share your fun from this week.

Palette cleanser.

Mount Ellen magic.

Yesterday at Gate House.

John

p.s. Mountaineering Blazers meet earlier than Adventure Blazers because they are the most dedicated kids we've got. They go 6.5-7 hours a day, often with no indoor time, skinning for turns and exploration every weekend, even through that long cold spell, training for the Mad River Sugarbush Rando Race and preparing for days like Saturday all season long. They carry their own gear, all on tele or AT, and respect the challenges of the mountains. They are the best team out there. They've got incredible coaches, namely Rick Hale and Brian Daigle, with OEC medical training carrying full packs and sharing extensive backcountry and on-piste experiences. I've filled in and so has Coach Doug Shick, who is also an EMT-I and PSIA Level 3. Even the Bush Pilots are a little jealous of this crew, so I can understand how others might be envious.

Noone is allowed on any lift until we get the okay from dispatch. Prior to opening, we'll give our upper mtn ops and ski patrol first chairs. On select days, Win leads a group of first trackers... if they are not accompanied by him, its 'no go'. At 9, we get the call to open if everything is ok. As for HG, same deal - only patrol and the top op of HG is permitted up, prior to 9. Not sure the exact situation over at North, but I do hear over the radio that GMX opens early for coaches.

On weekdays, there is no designated ski school line... that's only on weekends. If I'm doing crowd control or checking tickets, I occasionally see general public in a ski school line, but its usually one here, one there, and primarily at GH - for those looking to save the walk-around.

Considering I spent this weekend watching the snow hobbling around on crutches, I would just have been happy to take a run regardless of who was in front of me in line.

... Just enjoy your day and keep it in perspective.

I know it is the policy that ALC get to cut the line but I’d like to see them use this privilege in a classy and respectful manner. Personally I don’t think cutting people who have been waiting 20 – 25 minutes for fresh tracks is either classy or respectful.