A little help from my friends...

Heading to Breckenridge this week w/ the family. Never been there before. If any on this board have suggestions including 'special' trails / glades, restaurants, etc. your advice most appreciated. May be best to PM me.
    Thanks in advance. Note: I'd have put this into 'Misc' but for fear of it not getting noticed...my bad if that was a no-no.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

just make sure you ski the Devil's crotch!

i skied breck for years.. what level of skiiing are you looking for?
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

Boze,

If you don't mind a little climbing the Lake Chutes are great way above treeline skiing, and super steep - fatherest to skiers right, steeper, and we're only talking about a 200 ' vertical climb at the top of some new chair up there - forget the name.

Trees are always good on the burn, and the Devils Crotch is just as LT says, Steep chutes in evergreens, and facing northeast. There are other chairs that have great trees - most Western areas have trees no one skis, especially Vail on the front skiers right ( Northsomething Express?)
    But whatever you do, check out A-Basins new backside(southfacing though - need snow) and of course, there are no trees like Palivicini Trees under that lift in the frontside of A-Basin!
    Report back! have a great time too!

Now it's been noticed. Moved to Misc.

If it doesn't have to do with one of the other rooms, it is miscellaneous to them.

People, don't be afraid to look down here. You can scroll all the way down!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Info very much appreciated, thx.

To answer LT, my son & I ski everything at SB - one exception to date being Rumble, another notable is hucking the Church though we've hiked it and skied around it in season's passed. Trees, we ski 'em all...all that we come across at least incl those marked & the lesser known. So any comparables would be helpful in terms of pitch eg, we regularly hit Stein's, Lew's Line, woods off of C-rock, Exterminator Woods, Bravo Woods. I'm guessing the relatively relaxed glades such as Slidebrook do not compare so not mentioning those.

Chutes steeper than 45' are likely out unless they get dumpoed on this week, and I re-find my manhood.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

the key to Breck is that there are 4 areas (peaks 7 - 10) and they all have fun trails but it can be a pain going from one to another. so focus on one area at a time.

IMHO the most interesting terrain is off of chair 6, chair E, the T bar, and the imperial express, and Peak 8 Superconnect from the midway load. if you look at a map you will see these lifts are all near each other. this is a great area to get some serious skiing in.

A basin, copper, and keystone are all within 30 minutes. Also Vail, Loveland, and Winter park. are within an hour a half.. Steamboat and Beaver creek are a couple hours.

If you have never been to Vail it is definately worth the trip..

You will notice a huge difference on the weekends when all of Denver floods Summit county. so if you are planning on daytripping you may want to do it during the week.
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

I can't find the Devil's Crotch area...and I'm not being a homophobe! Any clues where to look eg which peak, north-facing aspect, etc much appreciated. As it was doubly recommended I'm keen to give it a try.

Thankfully they are finally getting sdome fresh snow, not tons but it's something. So far this season, they've only had a few inches more than SB...and I think we've all enjoyed the bounty this season has provided thus far.
    TR w/ pics & vid during and/or after the trip.

Thx again.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

Under the E chair, between peaks 8 & 9

Thanks, the trail map I have notes "see insert" for area under that E chair...thx for the save

No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)