Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lifts

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Strat, that lineup has Yogi in the outfield.
    Well I realize that, but it's the closest thing I could find to his description...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Lostone wrote:
    >As the reason most people ski weekends is that job thing, are you sure lowering the price would make more money? Would enough people come at the lower price to make up >for the loss of the higher cost tickets? And how would that affect the number of people coming to Lincoln Peak?
    >Would the lower cost bring in enough people to pay for the cannibalization of people that would already be paying?
    >And if they got in a consulting firm to do a study, how many extra tickets would they have to sell to pay for the consultants?

Lower the price and they will come... regardless of conditions.
    Today, despite being $14 day, I didn't think it'd be too busy, given the rain yesterday, freezing last night, dicey roads in the AM, the wind, etc.... but they came!
    Okay, perhaps it being a Friday before the big week starts had a lot to do with it and many probably started their vacation a day early.

But I am reminded of the $14 day when it was on a Wednesday back in '07.... that day had the absolute most perfect conditions ever... in the middle of the V-Day storm...
    and the place was a ghost town.

$5.50 day on 12/23 a few years ago also brought out the masses (literally). Also a weekday. But then again, also the day before the start of the other big week.

So what we need to determine is if a cheap day in the middle of the week, with ideal weather conditions would yield the same results.

i never looked up the stats of the entire 61 yanks but it's obviously a famous year.
    Mantle just destroyed pitching staffs across the year and some nobody broke the home run record.

i sure wish the comish did something to keep the books pure back then.
    maybe he could have included one of these?

-

As far as our lifts are concerned, i sure hope they're spinning till about mid-may. Love those late-late season turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Strat, that lineup has Yogi in the outfield.
    Well I realize that, but it's the closest thing I could find to his description...
    I heard Yogi interviewed last week and he talked about playing left with Mantle in center. Also, I know he was in left when Mazerowski hit the home run to win the WS in '60.

Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy
    Why was the Sunny D closed yesterday Valley schools out at noon, nice day and kids looking to hit the Park.
    I will ask this again. Why was the Sunny D closed yesterday(2/27) Valley schools on vacation, VERY NICE SUNNY DAY and kids looking to hit the park.

Yesterday's snow report said that it was closed for the day, mechanical repairs.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Yesterday's snow report said that it was closed for the day, mechanical repairs.
    It say's it's closed today too. Where does it say mechanical repairs?

It has been updated. Now the Sunny D is the only lift open at ME(windholds).

Where does it say mechanical repairs?
    It was on the snow report sent out on email. That would be the first morning snow report.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy
    It has been updated. Now the Sunny D is the only lift open at ME(windholds).
    Yup, Sunny D was the only lift spinning today until the plug was pulled at about 2PM. Remember, the lifts don't start spinning until 9AM. Changes prior to the 9AM opening during wind issues as a result of discussions and decisions regarding the lifts is not unusual. The wind at the base was not too bad but one had to only stand outside and you could hear the wind howling up on the mountain.

BTW...the boy came in a couple of weeks to show me his new boots.......sweet!
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.