Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lifts

Quote Originally Posted by John Walden
    We didn't make it to North in 10 minutes as Castlerock stated.
    I didn't say anything about anyone getting to North in 10 minutes.

^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by skierdon
    After the Castlerock line got long we scooted over to North (took 5 minutes) and had a great day with no lines and good conditions. I'm sorry you were not picked up by a magical carpet and taken over there, but some things in life take initiative. I guess attitudes like that keep the lines shorter for the rest of us.
    No CR you didn't, skierdon did.....I thought that was who mtnman4bush was referring to I think Walden was confused.
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Quote Originally Posted by chuck
    It's all shadyjay's fault.....
    I'm home sick today, so I'm pretty sure the lifts won't have any problems.
    (and you can bet I'm hearing that quote from my coworkers)

Shady - sorry to hear you are sick, feel better and get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck
    Shady - sorry to hear you are sick, feel better and get well soon.
    We're all sick. Have u seen the weather forecast for the next few days !@#$%^&*(

where is the optimism! My double secret weather site is calling for 1-4" thursday into Friday, with a sunny weekend in the mid to upper 20's! I'm leaving Jersey Thursday night....

Yeh, I am confused as always. It was Skierdon who stated that he went to North in 5 minutes from CR. I think he must of been thinking about North Lynx.
    Someone told me that the mountain was done with snowmaking. Is that true?

They made snow the last two nights, in a few places.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Wow..... ok people, it is 4 miles from parking lot to parking lot, so 5 minutes averages 45 mph which is reasonable once you are on German Flats Rd. If you follow the speed limit it is 10 minutes, or so says Google, so maybe we can settle more on 7-8 minutes? I'm so very sorry for this extreme exaggeration....... if someone would like to start a separate post I would be happy to participate

Lifts - UP & DOWN!

YOU KNOW DUDE IT'S KIND OF LIKE DOWN IN THE COW BARN - STUFF HAPPENS!

YOU JUST HAVE TO LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT.............Redneck Mutha

Quote Originally Posted by skierdon
    Wow..... ok people, it is 4 miles from parking lot to parking lot, so 5 minutes averages 45 mph which is reasonable once you are on German Flats Rd. If you follow the speed limit it is 10 minutes, or so says Google, so maybe we can settle more on 7-8 minutes? I'm so very sorry for this extreme exaggeration....... if someone would like to start a separate post I would be happy to participate
    No arguments from me. Hell the bus schedules the trip in 15 with loading and unloading. I didn't make any comments at all from my extremely crowded Ivory tower.

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Well apparently people are unable to read or remember anything other then the most recent weekend. For the record I'll say it one more time. i don't care about wind holds. What's that? Wind holds??? Don't care about them. I'm talking mechanical here so everyone who wants to discuss wind holds and the issues with them please start a new thread. So is this clear now or do people need further clarification? One more?? OK. Talking about wind holds on this thread is like talking about salad to Tom Arnold. Unless it's covered with a giant slab of honey coated ham and 3 slices of chocolate cake no one cares..........

Now back to the subject. Win I have to disagree with your statement:

"When we say windhold, it is that. As I had said in the past several times, windholds are the sole discretion of lift maintenance, and their number one concern is everyone's safety. Frankly, they did an amazing job of keeping the lifts running on Saturday with only having to put Heaven's Gate on windhold. One primary reason that the lift lines got to be 15 minutes at one point was that the lifts were slowed down in order to keep them open."

Again taking wind holds out and allowing that operations makes the best decisions based on safety (not arguing this) you make it seem like only HG was down on Saturday which was not the case. You also make it seem like wind was the only reason for lifts going down that day or there being a line. The lines got to 15 minutes at one point because VD, NL were down in addition to the wind holds. (not arguing the wind holds again so everyone is clear)

Mechanical issues seem to be a bigger problem this year then I remember from last. Or maybe they're only happening on weekends this year. As an example the SBX chair has only been open one day and that was over a week ago. So in other words the SBX chair did not start spinning until Feb. This is only my observation and no one has thrown up any numbers to refute it (nor to support it as well. Just an observation) The NR chair has suffered repeated down times and if I'm not mistaken GH was down the weekend before for a bit. I don't really keep a journal of down times so it's based off of what I remember.

In any event to my buddy who complains to me every chair lift up about how snow making is lacking at the Bush and the lifts are always down blah blah blah. Consider me on board with the SkiMRV attitude from this point forward. I see nothing but rosy skies and toe the line. Everything's great. Thanks for sticking up for me and voicing your opinion on the boards instead of just bitching to me about it. Expect to have your ski boots graveled every morning for the rest of the season. That's right. I've got a whole bag of gravel and bit by bit you'll find them.

Lastly, come on. Minor exaggeration? 5 minutes vs 15? For those of you in remedial math that's 3 times as much. That's just drive time. Not considering the fact that you have to de-boot (PITA), get to your car, get to the other mountain and re-boot. Perhaps boarders have it a bit easier. All in all I'll bet you're looking at a 20-30 minute excursion to get to North depending on the parking spot you get and that's without kids. But next time you make it to North in 5 minutes make sure you don't get the crack pipe you're driving above 60 MPH. I hear they splinter.

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    Lastly, come on. Minor exaggeration? 5 minutes vs 15? For those of you in remedial math that's 3 times as much. That's just drive time. Not considering the fact that you have to de-boot (PITA), get to your car, get to the other mountain and re-boot. Perhaps boarders have it a bit easier. All in all I'll bet you're looking at a 20-30 minute excursion to get to North depending on the parking spot you get and that's without kids. But next time you make it to North in 5 minutes make sure you don't get the crack pipe you're driving above 60 MPH. I hear they splinter.
    I take the shuttle and can drive my automatic with ski boots on, i use both feet. I won't drive if roads are slick but have done so on dry roads or I just take off the right boot. So negate the boot taking off. The shuttle does take just 15 minutes if you time it right. If you take SBX then one must first get cut by the CB cutters at gatehouse and ride GH so 5-10 minutes for that, then 10- 12 minute ride on SBX ( not sure of actual time but that seems reasonable.) So, I see it as break even. Yes SBX does dump you right at NRE so that is a plus, but the shuttles have never been a problem for me.

I do agree that NRE has had issues this year. It is down right now for scheduled maintenance. Maybe the plastic part finally came in to replace the one that was fabricated in house recently when it broke big time. ( thankfully the mechanics were able to do that!) I am more concerned with that lift as it does have issues. and it needs to be running at North to make that area work.

Also SBX got slammed in a storm. Major damage to a tower and then need for State Reinspection. Then lack of snow is what I recall being the issue with SBX. Rather than basic maintenance issues this year. So mother nature has had some influence on that lift this year.

So I agree, but disagree!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    Thanks buddy. Why don't you go relax, play some video games, and have your mom cook you up something nice for dinner.