Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sugarbush Trail Map in Google Earth

I just found the blog of this guy Jim Schley, who created a layer for Google Earth that contains all of the trails and lifts at the Bush... check it out: http://www.schley.net/jim/?p=1044
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

The Sugarbush layer for Google Earth is great! Even has lift descriptions, the warming huts/lodges, etc.

Great Job Jim!

this is a great plugin for google earth as well that maps pitch for lots of resorts including the bush:

http://3dskimaps.com/ge/

great site too.

Someday, when I grow up, I'll have a computer that can use Google Earth.

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I hope he doesn't mind me pointing this out, but "this guy Jim Schley" is "one of us" (that is, a long-time member of & contributor to this forum).

I had a feeling... well, thanks for the Google Earth work ski_it...
    I wonder why he didn't post it on here when he put it together...

Quote Originally Posted by daevious
    I hope he doesn't mind me pointing this out, but "this guy Jim Schley" is "one of us" (that is, a long-time member of & contributor to this forum).
    So what's his skimrv name? I assume not Dawn Patrol.

Click the link there, Howie

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Ummm yeh...

Very well done ski-it!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

thanks, guys. glad you find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_it
    thanks, guys. glad you find it useful.
    It's great, thanks!
    -Kenny

for those who haven't tried out Google Earth, it is an excellent program. Here are a couple of screenshots with the trail map layer enabled:

of course, the screenshots don't do the program justice since you can zoom in and out, rotate, "fly" around, etc.

Here's a direct link to download the Google Earth data file that I wrote.

It's a great program for terrain visualization and is a fun way to look at GPS tracks. Below is the track I downloaded from my Garmin Forerunner watch showing the course of the ski mountaineering race yesterday:

Breadcrumbs from race

I'm really interested in the race route through the slide brook. Could you post your google earth overlay (.kml) file for the race.

Love the trail maps you've made.

D

No problem. Download it here: USSMA_Mad_River_Valley_Race.kmz

Note- this is the recreational division course. the race division continued up the work road to the top of North Lynx instead of making a left turn onto the road that connects over to Village Run.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Your bizarre obsession with me is a tiiiiny bit creepy... You should probably get a life....