Quote Originally Posted by sgottmann
Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
On hill space is an EXTREMELY limited resource. Children in daycare do not require access to the hill. Driving 15 seconds past the base seems like a pretty small price to pay to ditch your children so you can ski. This has NO effect on the skiing experience, and will allow the development of facilities that will be more valuable ON hill.
While you are correct that on hill sapce is limited and on mountain improvements are crucial, I agree with Freeheel that it is bigger deal than you portray it DP, especially for the coveted family staying at the mountain for the weekend.

Also, as i see it, the issue is not about additional on hill facilities but rather what the proper use of the new proposed facilites will be. Most of the suggestions have been pretty reasonable ideas to help improve a perceived problem -- multiple drop off/pick ups for the skiing family. FWIW, more residences may mean more cutters at super bravo and gatehouse.
coveted family? My dictionary - to be lusted after, envious of. Like some of the other threads I think this one is starting to go over the cliff as well.

FS - that stinks about people parking all day in the DC drop-off parking area. As you probably realize too many people when they see see a sign whether it's at LP or ME about dropping off/unloading they must say themselves....surely that sign doesn't pertain to me. I wonder how much worse it would be without our awesome friendly Ambassadors who try to direct them to a proper parking distination.