Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by sgottmann
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    On hill space is an EXTREMELY limited resource. Children in daycare do not require access to the hill. Driving 15 seconds past the base seems like a pretty small price to pay to ditch your children so you can ski. This has NO effect on the skiing experience, and will allow the development of facilities that will be more valuable ON hill.
    While you are correct that on hill sapce is limited and on mountain improvements are crucial, I agree with Freeheel that it is bigger deal than you portray it DP, especially for the coveted family staying at the mountain for the weekend.

Also, as i see it, the issue is not about additional on hill facilities but rather what the proper use of the new proposed facilites will be. Most of the suggestions have been pretty reasonable ideas to help improve a perceived problem -- multiple drop off/pick ups for the skiing family. FWIW, more residences may mean more cutters at super bravo and gatehouse.
    coveted family? My dictionary - to be lusted after, envious of. Like some of the other threads I think this one is starting to go over the cliff as well.

FS - that stinks about people parking all day in the DC drop-off parking area. As you probably realize too many people when they see see a sign whether it's at LP or ME about dropping off/unloading they must say themselves....surely that sign doesn't pertain to me. I wonder how much worse it would be without our awesome friendly Ambassadors who try to direct them to a proper parking distination.

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    FS - that stinks about people parking all day in the DC drop-off parking area. As you probably realize too many people when they see see a sign whether it's at LP or ME about dropping off/unloading they must say themselves....surely that sign doesn't pertain to me. I wonder how much worse it would be without our awesome friendly Ambassadors who try to direct them to a proper parking distination.
    It does stink. I know that this has been going on for years in that lot. More of a nuisance than anything. Not one car parked there has a car seat in it. Meaning not dropping off @ day school.

On a side note, I don't know how the ambassadors do it. I would go completely insane; "George (costanza) is getting angry!"!!! The drop off pick areas @ both mtns reminds me of an airport security check point (chaos). You have the ambassadors directing completly clueless sometimes rude patrons. These guys/gals do it smileing the whole time. I include myself as being clueless....
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

[quote="ski_resort_observer
    coveted family? My dictionary - to be lusted after, envious of. Like some of the other threads I think this one is starting to go over the cliff as well. [/quote]

Maybe a little overboard but I think lusted after is a correct term.

Quote Originally Posted by sgottmann

Maybe a little overboard but I think lusted after is a correct term.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier
    George (costanza) is getting angry!"!!!
    "These pretzels are making me THIRSTY!!!" G. Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    "George likes his chicken spicey" G. Costanza

(we all need a good laugh to help us forget what it's currently doing outside)

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    THESE pretzels are making me thirsty.

split day micro bears

Quote Originally Posted by teleo
    -Splitting daycare will be a PITA for some (not me, only 1 kid...
    <rant>
    I stand corrected. I try not to rant, try to think of it as constructive feedback, but the actual experience was not real good.

Put my 3 1/2 year old into micro bears last thurs. Wed we stopped into daycare in SBV to ask if we should bring her there, or the ski school tent in LPV. They thought the she would be at SBV. So we bring her to SBV in the AM, get her set up and then they say, I think micro's are heading out of LPV today. After a few phone calls, we pack her up and head to LPV, go through the whole routine again. We finally get her set up at LPV and leave not knowing if she will end up at LPV or SBV. Turns out she skis 3 hours in the AM, someone brings her to SBV for the PM, we call and know to pick her up at SBV. They filled us in on what she did in the PM but they did not know what she did in the AM because the instrutor was at LPV.

Now, I realize that 3 1/2 is a tough age because you never know if they are going to be up for skiing AM & PM or if they will be too tired to go out in the PM. Everyone was really nice, especially "Turtle" Tim who instructed my daughter in Dec, is always fantastic with the little ones when we see him around SBV, remembered her and settled her down at LPV when he walked in. But the split micro bear set-up provided a horrible customer experience. Specifically:

1. Going to 2 places took 2-3 times as long as it should have and was a PITA even though we are very familiar with the area and my daughter is used to walking between them. For a newbie, with a kid less comfortable with the scene, I think this could ruin a day.
    2. Not knowing where you're kid is going to be is not a real good thought for any parent. I think some parents would have a big problem with it.
    3. Not being able to talk to the instructor after you're kid has been in a ski lesson just doesn't seem right. (I caught up with Tim the next day because I know who he is and was around, but not everyone is going to be able to do that)

#1 above is easily fixed by better communication. By March I would expect things to be ironed out. Maybe this rant will get noticed and help for the rest of the season if the split set-up has to be used.

#2&3 above seem like structural problems with a split day set-up that I can't figure out how to make work except to run the whole day from 1 location. May I suggest always running micros our of SBV this year as is done on weekends and was done mid-week in Dec? Will this be fixed next year by having a supervised room for Micro's in the new childrens ski school building? Do VT daycare rules get in the way of that?

</rant>

OK, enough ranting, despite the above and lack of new powder, we had a great day and week at SB. My little ski buddy LOVES the chairlift and skiing "super fast"! I think I almost have her hooked!!!

lostone - sorry if I cut in front of you at the Village Double chair Sat and blew you off at the top. Sometimes I have my hands full with that little one.

skiladi - To bad the powder didn't materialize to hit the woods. Did you even bother coming back for Fri?

skiladi - To bad the powder didn't materialize to hit the woods. Did you even bother coming back for Fri?

Yes , sorry we didn't connect but it was an odd day all around. We arrived about 9:30 from our stay @Hawk resort. Thursday was awesome weather and conditions @ Pokemo. Then the wind came but thankfully no R to the north. My son was already at the bush and yoyo'ed GH until we got there. He and my friend had the point discount so they were happy for that as things didn't get going too early. We were heading for ME when the Bravo opened from WH so we took a few runs at South and things were sticky so we jumped on the noon bus for ME and the conditions were much better.
    Got back last night from 2 pretty good days. CR was surprisingly good with the new snow we got. I even hit the trees. You had to watch out for snakes. But I was all alone. What does that tell ya?