Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    Depending on how much food you need, I recommend bringing the bulk of your supplies up so you don't have to make a trip to Waitsfield, little things can be bought at Paradise Deli or the Warren Store..]
    Yeah, and if you can, get in the 10 items or less line - other wise know as the cutter line!

Quote Originally Posted by djd66
    Depending on how much food you need, I recommend bringing the bulk of your supplies up so you don't have to make a trip to Waitsfield, little things can be bought at Paradise Deli or the Warren Store..]
    Yeah, and if you can, get in the 10 items or less line - other wise know as the cutter line!
    You do realize that the 10 items or less line is perhaps the worst argument for the claycutter line yes? The only analogy you could really make is 1/2 day tickets get to cut the line, they bought less, so they can cut... That really doesn't apply in any way to the clay cutter policy..... Whatev....

You do realize that the 10 items or less line is perhaps the worst argument for the claycutter line yes? The only analogy you could really make is 1/2 day tickets get to cut the line, they bought less, so they can cut... That really doesn't apply in any way to the clay cutter policy..... Whatev....
    Dawnie STFU and just go skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure
    Dawnie STFU and just go skiing.
    It was bad enough in the other thread but now it's like a cancer metastasizing.

"You do realize that the 10 items or less line is perhaps the worst argument for the claycutter line yes?"

"Your poor grammar is bothering me...

http://www.learn-english-online.org/

Edit: If you're learning ESL, I apologize...."

There is another site you may want to check out:
    https://www.find-a-therapist.com/

I hope this helps.

Yea, I agree on people being too confident in snow when in fact they are not well prepared...my Subaru has a nice set of Blizzak snow tires, real tires with the "official snowflake" on the rubber itself. Plus I have a pretty good set of Brembo brakes on it.

I thought the claycutter thread was dead. Some people just don't get it. This thread was about driving to Sugarbush.

None of the grocery stores in the valley have a "10 items or less" checkout.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Many yrs of driving up from CT, I've had best success with 89 exit 3...Bethel Mtn Road. Rox Gap is fine but 15+ miles longer. Bethel Mtn is the hypotenuse, if you will. Not to mention its very well maintained, ice heeves aside, though blowing snow can be an issue. But if Bethel Mtn Rd is in rough shape, Rox Gap would almost certainly be in worse shape. And come Spingtime it gets very rutted out. You're up & down a couple times on Bethel Mtn Rd but no where near the pitch on Rox Gap. And 100 is pretty well maintained from Granville North to Warren for the final 12 miles. Pretty too.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

Quote Originally Posted by John Walden
    ...Bethel Mt. gets very large frost heaves late in the winter so be careful.

You only save about 10-12 minutes going over Bethel Mt.

About 20 minutes with Lincoln Gap.

Watch out for the moose in Granville Gulf; they will always win.
    I know you meant Roxbury Gap, but just in case someone actually thinks they would like explore the Lincoln Gap option in winter....don't! Guaranteed it won't save you 20 minutes. In fact, we probably won't find you until Spring....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

TOM TOM......Tom Tom......................tom tom............................................... .................................................. ..?

Quote Originally Posted by boze
    Many yrs of driving up from CT, I've had best success with 89 exit 3...Bethel Mtn Road. Rox Gap is fine but 15+ miles longer. Bethel Mtn is the hypotenuse, if you will. Not to mention its very well maintained, ice heeves aside, though blowing snow can be an issue. But if Bethel Mtn Rd is in rough shape, Rox Gap would almost certainly be in worse shape. And come Spingtime it gets very rutted out. You're up & down a couple times on Bethel Mtn Rd but no where near the pitch on Rox Gap. And 100 is pretty well maintained from Granville North to Warren for the final 12 miles. Pretty too.
    Agreed on all points. Except for time. Which I see as the greater enemy over milage.(Certainly now tht gas prices have halved since the summer) I've never timed the diffrence so I honestly don't know. My impression is that Roxbury Gap is quicker time wise due to the additional speed maintained on 89 fform exits 3 to 5. (Even in bad weather, typically you can reduce your highway speed and still cover more ground that you can also slowing down a bit due to weather on the Bethel Mt, 100 route) What do you think, which is quicker? or is it just 6 and 1/2 dozen?

djd66 why would you bring the cutter policy up in this thread?

Aww... DJ is upset his comparison was idiotic and completely contrary to the point he was attempting to make.... Poor baby....

I still think the Roxbury Gap is the fastest way, and safe to attempt MOST days. Though giving a route a test run in daylight is never a bad idea.

I almost never ride up to 100b, though my record time to Sugarbush was actually set going that way. Pretty impressive drive if I don't say so myself!

Quote Originally Posted by madhavok
    djd66 why would you bring the cutter policy up in this thread?
    It's pretty clear he was just joking. Not his fault that some people can't help themselves.