Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by madhavok
    djd66 why would you bring the cutter policy up in this thread?
    It's pretty clear he was just joking. Not his fault that some people can't help themselves.
    Joking? Was he trying to be funny? Because if so I totally missed that. I did get his antagonization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    djd66 why would you bring the cutter policy up in this thread?
    It's pretty clear he was just joking. Not his fault that some people can't help themselves.
    Joking? Was he trying to be funny? Because if so I totally missed that. I did get his antagonization.
    Let's see - he had a smiley face at the end of his post - typically a sign of a joke, no?

Me thinks you're a wee bit too sensitive.

Moderator note:

To all...

Please refrain from personal attacks.

Please refrain from bringing unrelated subjects from other threads.

Please refrain from needing a baby sitter.

Thanx for your support.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I was joking, sorry to bring it up in this thread.

But come on you guys, you really have to lighten up!

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by boze
    Many yrs of driving up from CT, I've had best success with 89 exit 3...Bethel Mtn Road. Rox Gap is fine but 15+ miles longer. Bethel Mtn is the hypotenuse, if you will. Not to mention its very well maintained, ice heeves aside, though blowing snow can be an issue. But if Bethel Mtn Rd is in rough shape, Rox Gap would almost certainly be in worse shape. And come Spingtime it gets very rutted out. You're up & down a couple times on Bethel Mtn Rd but no where near the pitch on Rox Gap. And 100 is pretty well maintained from Granville North to Warren for the final 12 miles. Pretty too.
    Agreed on all points. Except for time. Which I see as the greater enemy over milage.(Certainly now tht gas prices have halved since the summer) I've never timed the diffrence so I honestly don't know. My impression is that Roxbury Gap is quicker time wise due to the additional speed maintained on 89 fform exits 3 to 5. (Even in bad weather, typically you can reduce your highway speed and still cover more ground that you can also slowing down a bit due to weather on the Bethel Mt, 100 route) What do you think, which is quicker? or is it just 6 and 1/2 dozen?
    Have found Bethel Mtn Rd to be consistently quicker - caveat is that I've only used the Rox Gap for a few round trips, all with no traffic in day time so that's pretty much ideal conditions for trying out Rox. I was expecting to shave at least 10 minutes, ended up costing me 10-15. And, off the record, I scoot on the highway when conditions merit, rarely anyone behind me (at least none without flashing lights!) so I was assuming Rox to be the better option. Of course, YMMV.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

Noski:

Sorry about that. I did mean Roxbury not Lincoln unless you have a dogsled.

Remember when Bethel Mt. road was dirt? I do. We use to take bets to see which one of us would get stuck. Back then, who cared whether we got to the mountain as long as we made last call at the Blue Tooth.

Boy , are we getting old. No more dirt roads, Blue Tooth, Gallaghers, Mooselips, etc.

JW - Not only was Bethel Mt. road dirt, but a single lane up at the top! I had a 62 VW beatle, no heater boxes, that made it up and over that mountain for about 10 years. Studded snows, a propane heater, and a dozen beers at the bluetooth, getting frisky in the gondola with the women. Those were the days!!!

Chuck;

We used to come up in a Ford Gernade (Granada) and took bets if we were going make it. Who cared back then, if you got 5 runs in on the Gondola, that was a great day. Besides, that's how I met my wife 30 years ago and we are still married and skiing. 32 days so far this season including 8 1/2 days in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    None of the grocery stores in the valley have a "10 items or less" checkout.
    The Warren Store has one, it says "EXPRESS LANE" "10 words or less".