Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cutting/skiing Lines above Inverness Area

Anyone have any thoughts about what one might find on Monday up there? There could be some Fluff on Monday morning! Hike in off the LT.

Howie U interested?

Re: Cutting/skiing Lines above Inverness Area

Quote Originally Posted by vonski
    Anyone have any thoughts about what one might find on Monday up there? There could be some Fluff on Monday morning! Hike in off the LT.

Howie U interested?
    I'm in. kids allowed? my 12 year old can hold his own and bushwacks with the best of them.

Don't see why not. I am hoping my 11 year old will come too then. When I asked him if we needed an Ellen plus pass, his answer was why Dad we can just hike the LT to Castlerock and ski. I tried to explain to him that would be morally wrong!!

Don't see why not. I am hoping my 11 year old will come too then. When I asked him if we needed an Ellen plus pass, his answer was why Dad we can just hike the LT to Castlerock and ski. I tried to explain to him that would be morally wrong!!
    Earning turns is never morally wrong! No matter what age and the circumstance!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Hmmm... LT crosses the peak at North. From the bottom, Castlerock is to the left, and Inverness to the right.

You're thinking of using the ME+?

Not sure I'd want to be in your exploration party.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Re: Cutting/skiing Lines above Inverness Area

Howie U interested?
    Vonski, a little advice. Be very careful on your navigation. The long trail does not run exactly on the spine the closer to MRG you get. It's gets a little tricky up there on that ridge and can be deceiving. The woods are thick. Make sure you drop down on the right side of the ridge or you may end up somewhere you don't want. Good luck.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Hawk. I have the topos for the area hopefully that will help. Have been studying them closely. but they are deceiving as well as they are not pinpoint precise. It does look like the LT connects along the top of the line above Inverness. It looks like it goes backside and comes back around at the top of the cut line that was made years ago. Am I looking at that right.

Earning turns is never morally wrong! No matter what age and the circumstance! [/quote]

My friend who patrols told me he did not want to know about it. Did not want to be Classless again. as if I made it down to Castlerock, I would be cutting a passholder for south when getting on the lift!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Hmmm... LT crosses the peak at North. From the bottom, Castlerock is to the left, and Inverness to the right.

You're thinking of using the ME+?

Not sure I'd want to be in your exploration party.

No talking about going one way or the other. either to South if bored with North or out to check out the woods above Inverness.

If BMM was here he would tell you the precise directions off line I am sure. It's been a while but I am pretting sure that the old lift line is now 10'+ tall trees and not skiable at all. Also that old line is down a different ridge from the Spine and is actually the ridge that divides North from MRG. There is a huge flat spot up there that is very thick and tough to navigate. It was a long slog to get to good skiing and that was a bunch of years ago. The issue that people have had in the past is that they get out there and think they are going in the right direction. They find that they are on the MRG side and end up slogging out to Rt 17. If it was me I would not take my kids on a cold day because it may be a long day.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Is there any way to make a right sooner that would then drop u down towards the cross over from exterminator to inverness pass the exterminator woods? Or are those woods just too thick too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    If BMM was here he would tell you the precise directions off line I am sure. It's been a while but I am pretting sure that the old lift line is now 10'+ tall trees and not skiable at all. Also that old line is down a different ridge from the Spine and is actually the ridge that divides North from MRG. There is a huge flat spot up there that is very thick and tough to navigate. It was a long slog to get to good skiing and that was a bunch of years ago. The issue that people have had in the past is that they get out there and think they are going in the right direction. They find that they are on the MRG side and end up slogging out to Rt 17. If it was me I would not take my kids on a cold day because it may be a long day.
    good advice. are you saying it's not worth the work?

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

The best way is from the single. Be carefull from ME, it's an open invitation to the Jerusalem store. There was a sign in the store " Sugarbush Shuttle Bus does not stop here"

Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy
    The best way is from the single. Be carefull from ME, it's an open invitation to the Jerusalem store. There was a sign in the store " Sugarbush Shuttle Bus does not stop here"
    I'm cool with that. I got a wife to come pick me up.