Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    And I don't think a private discussion is in order, since the way I found out I was worth less than claybrook owners not by letter or private discussion but by having them cruise right past the line.

Now you are taking it way too far and just sound pathetic. Did you miss powder runs this weekend? I did not see anyone at the Bravo at 4PM yesterday, even the coral was gone: no claybrook line, no ski school line. Where were you?

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    Now you are taking it way too far and just sound pathetic. Did you miss powder runs this weekend? I did not see anyone at the Bravo at 4PM yesterday, even the coral was gone: no claybrook line, no ski school line. Where were you?
    Ah yes those coveted 4pm runs... Much more important than first tracks....

Pathetic huh? Thanks. Least I don't cut people in line...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    Seriously I can't imagine the kind of douche you'd have to be to think, I bought a condo, I get to cut everyone in line...
    Don't blame the claybrookers for something that was given to them as part of the marketing. It was SV's decision and even though IMHO it's no big deal, you obviously have a problem with it, so direct your ire at SV.
    Has anyone ever seen anyone utilizing this?

Yup I have seen it, and I can blame both, SV for offering it and the people who use. SV didn't make them cut the line....

Yup I have seen it, and I can blame both, SV for offering it and the people who use. SV didn't make them cut the line....
    How do you know the cutters were from claybrook?? do they wear special clothes or something (I own a fractional share in claybrook so get out my freakin way-T-shirts perhaps)

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    How do you know the cutters were from claybrook?? do they wear special clothes or something (I own a fractional share in claybrook so get out my freakin way-T-shirts perhaps)
    They have a special Claybrook Cutter pass (no joke, I spoke with one)...

Dawn, I think you have backers here for your basic premise, and I think this is an important issue as to the character of Sugarbush, but the hyperbole is probably not being helpful, and probably doing the exact opposite.
    Win and SB mgmt reads these boards and comments on the issues, which is fantastic and does speak to the fact that they do care about what the average and core SB visitors think. They have also acted on suggestions that have come from this very board (it seems that way, at least). This is probably not the case at many other large mountain resorts, and this is deserving of respect. The Claybrook line issue can be addressed with SB mgmt, very likely within this forum. There is no need for the sarcasm (though it did make me laugh), as it will not lead to a rational discussion on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySnack
    Dawn, I think you have backers here for your basic premise, and I think this is an important issue as to the character of Sugarbush, but the hyperbole is probably not being helpful, and probably doing the exact opposite.
    Win and SB mgmt reads these boards and comments on the issues, which is fantastic and does speak to the fact that they do care about what the average and core SB visitors think. They have also acted on suggestions that have come from this very board (it seems that way, at least). This is probably not the case at many other large mountain resorts, and this is deserving of respect. The Claybrook line issue can be addressed with SB mgmt, very likely within this forum. There is no need for the sarcasm (though it did make me laugh), as it will not lead to a rational discussion on the issue.
    You're absolutely right... Not to mention I made a big mistake making 'Claybrook Only' the same color as 'Flat Out'... That'd be a shocker for some poor novice heading up to the Church....

You spoke to a claybrooker? do they have horns?

seriously, I had some friends up last season who I knew going in were Stratton type people (PE guy) and we had them stay at claybrook. They were looking for and expecting even more service and pampering then what is offered. My point is that to attract the type of buyer that claybrook is marketing for, certain extra benefits must be provided. I hope that the rest of the units get sold so we can all start arguing over the next phase where the residential units will be more mid market.

You spoke to a claybrooker? do they have horns?

seriously, I had some friends up last season who I knew going in were Stratton type people (PE guy) and we had them stay at claybrook. They were looking for and expecting even more service and pampering then what is offered. My point is that to attract the type of buyer that claybrook is marketing for, certain extra benefits must be provided. I hope that the rest of the units get sold so we can all start arguing over the next phase where the residential units will be more mid market.
    They can buy all the pampering they want. Hell if Claybrook came with free Lincoln Limo rides I wouldn't care, but waiting your turn in line is basic human coutesy.....

Edit: No they didn't have horns, they had fancy one pieces and carving skis...

I think this policy is unfortunate, though in reality its perceived impact will likely be far more than its actual impact given how many beds there are at CB. Is this privilege extended to people who rent CB units, friends of CB unit owners, or just the owners themselves?

Regardless, as dunderheaded policies to appeal to CB owners go, this is much lower on the list than the Spring skiing at LP policy. That has a much more substantial impact on your skiing season (by shortening it a month) but is more under the radar. At the end of the day, they need to sell those remaining 20% of shares if the much-needed build-out of the LP Village is to be continued.

I hope that the rest of the units get sold so we can all start arguing over the next phase where the residential units will be more mid market.
    Is this fact or conjecture? I hadn't heard that, and the new renderings of the units above the Children's Center don't look any thing like mid-market residences - only two per floor with a lot of space.

I don't think there is such a thing as "mid-market" certainly not in that location.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    I hope that the rest of the units get sold so we can all start arguing over the next phase where the residential units will be more mid market.
    Is this fact or conjecture? I hadn't heard that, and the new renderings of the units above the Children's Center don't look any thing like mid-market residences - only two per floor with a lot of space.
    certainly not fact, not even conjecture, just hoping. But I don't read the same thing into the drawings as you have. Snow creek only has 2 units per floor also. I would think they will be targeted at a significantly lower price then claybrook because of the state of the economy and because of the proximity to the childrens center.