Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Claybrook/Ski School/Patrol Only

Wow... If your intent was to insult all of the home/condo owners in the area, you've accomplished it..

Thank you Sugarbush, for making a 24 year verteran/homeowner of the ski area and the town feel like a second class citizen....

Re: Claybrook/Ski School/Patrol Only

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    Wow... If your intent was to insult all of the home/condo owners in the area, you've accomplished it..

Thank you Sugarbush, for making a 24 year verteran/homeowner of the ski area and the town feel like a second class citizen....
    Huh?? No idea to what you are referring...some 'policy' or statement perhaps?
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

I wasn't there today, but I am assuming the patrol/ski school lift line has been expanded to Claybrook owners/renters.

Quote Originally Posted by boze

He is likely referring to the fact that at the lift corrals Claybrook residents get to use the same express lane as the ski school and patrol. Personally, I don't really have a problem with it, someone pays large dollars some ammenities go along with it. Why someone would be so offended is beyond me. Whatever.

I am pretty sure that was always going to be the deal. Hey what do you expect for $250 Kand up quarter shares. I'm not realy that concerned myself. There aren't that many of them.

Besides I'm going to figue out a way to scam that scene anyway...
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I am pretty sure that was always going to be the deal. Hey what do you expect for $250 Kand up quarter shares. I'm not realy that concerned myself. There aren't that many of them.

Besides I'm going to figue out a way to scam that scene anyway...
    See Wedding Crashers Rule#10

I saw that the other day. The line was empty

Speaking of "special" lines.......

Now what is the policy regarding the freestyle team using the ski patrol line @ ME Summit chair???? Is it ok or a no no? I was annoyed because it was early and somewhat of a nice pow day!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Any way they can get it all sold is prob good for everybody. Not many people in the end. As for the Patrol, they are always welcome in front of me, no matter how much powder is up there. They do a great job.

What an awesome day. Had to me more than 6. CR skied great. Wood are open! (just my opinion)

We got the official word a couple of weeks ago to let Clay Brook in the Ski School line. It shocked me at first. But most of them still stick to the main corral lines. Besides, there's a lot more ski schoolers than CB anyway.

And if you look at it this way, with CB owners, they are adding additional revenue to the mountain so that Phase II of the village project can go ahead. That'll mean new permanent buildings for the ALC and rentals, and best of all... they're going to get rid of the infamous stairway. So a little inconvenience to some maybe, but in the end, we all win.

I wonder how they're actually going to eliminate the staircase. You still have to get from point A at parking lot elevation to point B at Gatehouse Lodge elevation... they can't have everyone riding an elevator. A magic carpet, perhaps?
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

When i lived in colorado Copper tried to institute a tiered ticket system. You could pay more to use an wait in a special line. Someone sued and the forrest service ruled it was not allowed...

As long as they don't put rich people's lines at castlerock.
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

Obviously I don't care if ski school cuts the line. There is a legit reason, and its accepted across the country. Clearly patrol needs to cut the line. But Claybrook residents need to ride the same lines as everyone else or make the 'I'm special and get to cut the line pass' available to anyone who wants to buy it. To say that some guy who bought 1/4 of a condo has contributed more to Sugarbush than someone who has owned a condo or land in the town for decades is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.....

Wait, we need more perks to sell Claybrook... Lets make Heaven's Gate Claybrook only...........

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" - George Orwell
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale

He is likely referring to the fact that at the lift corrals Claybrook residents get to use the same express lane as the ski school and patrol. Personally, I don't really have a problem with it, someone pays large dollars some ammenities go along with it. Why someone would be so offended is beyond me. Whatever.
    Maybe its because some people have spent 'large dollars' in the town and at the resort (perhaps for a loooooot longer than any claybrooker) and aren't extended the same offer? Maybe because now their 'amenities' suddenly effect everyone else? Give someone a hot tub, carry their skis to the lift for them, fine, doesn't effect me... Let them roll up and cut everyone on a pow day? THAT effects me.. ClassLESS...

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale

Maybe its because some people have spent 'large dollars' in the town and at the resort (perhaps for a loooooot longer than any claybrooker) and aren't extended the same offer? Maybe because now their 'amenities' suddenly effect everyone else? Give someone a hot tub, carry their skis to the lift for them, fine, doesn't effect me... Let them roll up and cut everyone on a pow day? THAT effects me.. ClassLESS...
    Do you see it really having a big impact or is it the principle of the matter?