Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Based on the Copper Beeline pass, seems like this could be class-action lawsuit material.

Ripped from the Claybrook website.

Ownership of a Clay Brook residence will afford you privileges
    365 days a year comparable with a private country club experience
    I have to admit it, I didn't see this coming. How can you give out country club privileges at a resort that’s open to the public? If this was a private mountain resort and all expenses were financed by the members, fine. But that’s not the case here. Sure Claybrook owners may have paid top dollar for some primo real estate but we all help finance the operation of this mountain. That means we are all help paying for the preferential treatment of Claybrook owners.

We gave an inch and apparently Claybrook took 2 miles. What’s next the privatization of Sugarbush? We need to open our eyes and make a stand before it’s too late.

That’s more than enough disheartening news for me today. Later.

No problem with that. It will mean that I will not see the same scene I saw a few weeks back when a Claybrook owner rolled out of bed at around 10:30, walked over with her skis, threw them down in front of everyone at the corral for Gatehouse, and blocked us from getting into the corral so she could step into her skis. Now she can do it in her own line. I say thumbs up to efficiency!!!

This is very disappointing to say the least. Perhaps I am being naive, but I've always considered skiing an egalitarian interest, where we are all considered equals on the hill. Allowing Claybrook owners/renters an option to cut on the mountain is a bit of a slap to that theory. This is Sugarbush mountain, not Claybrook Mountain.

Now after the skiing is done, sure - some people can choose to stay at a nicer hotel/condo than others or put their skis on top of a Range Rover instead of a Civic, and etc., but on the hill we all should have equal access. It just goes against what skiing is all about to allow this program in my opinion.

I have been visiting SB for a while, have purchased season passes for the past few years and have introduced many friends and family to SB, who otherwise would not have considered any mountain other than Killington and Stowe. They are now regulars at SB. Should I expect special cutline priviledges due to this? No, I shouldn't - because that is not what skiing is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    The whole "I have skied and lived here" argument doesn't get you anything at any ski resort. I guess I'm not that idealistic. It's a business after all. These people shelled out the cash and get the benefit.
    These are two completely contrary statements. The first is correct. And the way it should be. The second is not. Because someone bought 1/4 of a condo share does not mean they 'shelled out' more cash than anyone else at the resort.

So this is your arguement, a group has skied and lived here and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars at the ski resort alone (and didn't get a condo or ski valet), that doesn't mean shit (as it is everywhere), but, a person bought 1/4 of a condo, not just any condo at the resort mind you, and they shelled out the cash, they get the benefit... Seems a bit conflicting...
    No it's not conflicting. You just misunderstood what I was saying. I think your argument was that since you have lived and skied and paid for services at the mountain, how dare anybody cut you in lift line on a powder day. This also somehow makes you a second class citizen. My point is that your years and dollars do not give you tenure. You are not entitled because of your long standing relationship with the mountain. You are just like me. We pay for a pass that gives us 8 to 4 in regular lines. Yes Claybrookers live here also just like you. The difference is that they paid for a condo and as part of the deal they get to cut lines and can get on the lift early. This is not something they came up with this weekend. This was a planned benefit of ownership determined by SV from the get go. I think the difference between you and me is that you let it bother you. SV owns the mountain, they can do whatever they want. These people are a minimal impact and for the most part do not ski where I go.

I think your problem in general is with people rich enough to buy their way. Correct? I hate to tell you but it's this way all over. What I really irks me is those damn Bush Pilots cutting the line with their bigs smiles. There oughta be a law........
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    The whole "I have skied and lived here" argument doesn't get you anything at any ski resort. I guess I'm not that idealistic. It's a business after all. These people shelled out the cash and get the benefit.
    These are two completely contrary statements. The first is correct. And the way it should be. The second is not. Because someone bought 1/4 of a condo share does not mean they 'shelled out' more cash than anyone else at the resort.

So this is your arguement, a group has skied and lived here and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars at the ski resort alone (and didn't get a condo or ski valet), that doesn't mean shit (as it is everywhere), but, a person bought 1/4 of a condo, not just any condo at the resort mind you, and they shelled out the cash, they get the benefit... Seems a bit conflicting...
    No it's not conflicting. You just misunderstood what I was saying. I think your argument was that since you have lived and skied and paid for services at the mountain, how dare anybody cut you in lift line on a powder day. This also somehow makes you a second class citizen. My point is that your years and dollars do not give you tenure. You are not entitled because of your long standing relationship with the mountain. You are just like me. We pay for a pass that gives us 8 to 4 in regular lines. Yes Claybrookers live here also just like you. The difference is that they paid for a condo and as part of the deal they get to cut lines and can get on the lift early. This is not something they came up with this weekend. This was a planned benefit of ownership determined by SV from the get go. I think the difference between you and me is that you let it bother you. SV owns the mountain, they can do whatever they want. These people are a minimal impact and for the most part do not ski where I go.

I think your problem in general is with people rich enough to buy their way. Correct? I hate to tell you but it's this way all over. What I really irks me is those damn Bush Pilots cutting the line with their bigs smiles. There oughta be a law........
    Again, you entirely miss the point. It's not 'how dare anyone cut me'... It's, hey we're all equal out here, wouldn't it be ridiculous if I thought I deserved the right to cut people because I've been here for a long ass time?

It's as mtnman said hmm.. How much does it cost to be special at Sugarbush?

If this is part of the 'deal;, then they just devalued my season pass...

SV does not own the mountain, the tax payers do.

Next years slogan: Sugarbush, where all we care about is how much you pay.

If it's such a little deal with no impact they shouldn't offer it.

Seriously I can't imagine the kind of douche you'd have to be to think, I bought a condo, I get to cut everyone in line...

You are obviously very fired up about this. I have a suggestion and I am not being wise. Go talk to Win. He is always around. I have always found him to be a reasonable person.

Personally I have no issue with the policy but see what you can do.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

+1 for the idea of having a private discussion with Win or someone in management.

It is all pay as you go... What is the drama all about? Sign up for seasonal program, take a group lesson, take a private lesson, go up early on the cat. How many more ways do you need to be able to cut the lines?

Better yet, go ski with John Egan for a day and then you won't worry about waiting extra couple of minutes in the line and will remember what makes Sugarbush special.

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    It is all pay as you go... What is the drama all about? Sign up for seasonal program, take a group lesson, take a private lesson, go up early on the cat. How many more ways do you need to be able to cut the lines?

Better yet, go ski with John Egan for a day and then you won't worry about waiting extra couple of minutes in the line and will remember what makes Sugarbush special.
    It was cool to see John at C-Rock on Saturday Morning. FWIW he stood there in line with everyone else....

There is a HUGE difference. All of those programs you mentioned, except for the cat which isn't cutting the line at all, are ski school programs and as an industry it has been accepted to allow them to cut the line.

Link to Sugarbush's principles.

http://www.sugarbush.com/about-vermo...t/future-plans

Our Principles

1). Our (Claybrook owning) guest’s interest comes first

2). Respect for [Claybrook owning] individuals

3). Teamwork

4). Community involvement (for Claybrook only)

5). Fiscal responsibility

Next year's trailmap, having still not sold out Claybrook, extra perks were needed...