Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

VZ Cell reception at Sugarbush

Its about time! When did they add a cell site?

Re: VZ Cell reception at Sugarbush

Quote Originally Posted by madhavok
    Its about time! When did they add a cell site?
    You can get reception with VZ now? I just switched to ATT - part of the reason was so I could get cell reception in Warren. When did this happen?

It must have happened in the last week or so.

Verizon

The good news: Yes, we are getting five bars at the base of South.

The (not so) bad news: Didn't bother to charge up the phone.

The sale of Unicel to Verizon is complete. ATT will be taking over Vermont in the next few weeks as Verizon had to sell VT. to avoid antitrust. Perhaps a deal was made to allow Verizon use of towers they briefly owned. Unicel contracts will be honered for up to a year.

AT&T/Unicel cannot share towers with Verizon - GSM technology vs CDMA technology, which are incompatible. 5 bars of Verizon at Sugarbush means they've finally started upgrading in our area, maybe to start competing more actively with AT&T...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Found this out today from a co-worker... definetely is GOOD NEWS!
    It's a COW site... (cell on wheels) in 22 Acres Lot (Lot F n' G) at the base of Lincoln Peak. My guess is that something more permanent will be constructed in the not-too- distant future, perhaps on the mountain, to cover more of the Valley, as the COW only covers the upper half of the access road, in addition to around LP.

That is WICKED cool!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay
    Found this out today from a co-worker... definetely is GOOD NEWS!
    It's a COW site... (cell on wheels) in 22 Acres Lot (Lot F n' G) at the base of Lincoln Peak. My guess is that something more permanent will be constructed in the not-too- distant future, perhaps on the mountain, to cover more of the Valley, as the COW only covers the upper half of the access road, in addition to around LP.
    Makes sense as that is where the Unicel tower has been for several years.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

That's great news. Now let's make it permanent and cover the Valley. I still get nothing on Bragg Hill. Looks like I won't have to switch to ATT after all...

Verizon coverage

Funny--I just switched over to AT&T last week! Regardless, I'm happy for all of you with Verizon service.

Anything at Ellen side?

This is great news. I'm glad people posted, because I don't even try anymore and never would have noticed.

The news is posted on the website now. Verizon had planned to rent a site from us and put service in this summer. We offered them a free site until then if they would get it in asap. They did expedite the work and permitting, and it just went live a couple of days ago.