Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

North Lynx Soon!

Just got home and checked the web site to see that North Lynx will be getting a snowmaking assault. They were still blasting over on Snowball/Racer's Edge this afternoon, however so I'm guessing the night crew will get the Lynx running so that oneday soon we'll be carving down her enchanted slopes once again.

Don't worry - be happy, and get out there and ride/ski!

Finally, snowmaking coming to NL. I heard today that the groomers were good; pretty cold out there.

oh yes, it was cold - but the runs I did off Gate House were great. Gotta remember to bring some goggles even when I'm an op. Spend my lunch break now on the slopes - better for me than a burger n' fries.

Quote Originally Posted by John Walden
    Finally, snowmaking coming to NL. I heard today that the groomers were good; pretty cold out there.
    True that , but CR was sweeeet! ; }

Hallelujah

woke up to the sight of the guns blasting Birch Run.

WEAK! What was the point behind the email teaser if North Lynx never turned? Better to under promise and over deliver.

I noticed that all of the lines from LP into slidebrook were totally untracked when i skied down from North today... something for this week.
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Tracks
    I noticed that all of the lines from LP into slidebrook were totally untracked when i skied down from North today... something for this week.
    How was the runout from SB?
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

run out has good cover all the way to the road. i skied it from the LT at ME all the way down via the usual route, maybe 5 sets of tracks coming in from rimbowl, was my best run of the year so far...
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

run out has good cover all the way to the road. i skied it from the LT at ME all the way down via the usual route, maybe 5 sets of tracks coming in from rimbowl, was my best run of the year so far...
    Excuses will be found not to run the SBX.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Why do you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Why do you say that?
    It does appear that the SBX has been running much less frequently over the last few years. FWIW I was all over the woods at south (except slidebrook) and it is still very scratchy in spots. What that means in terms of the necessary cover in slidebrook, I don't know.

I agree, it was weak not having north lynx this weekend, especially today. I still don't understand why they didn't make the snow there during the week.

whatever, today was excellent. The skiing that is. The drive home, not so much. any of you see me waiting for Hap to pull me out of a snowbank in the granville gulf? did a 180 but no damage or injuries.

FWIW....was in the woods.....not ready, not ready, not ready! My .02
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

I would not doubt that the skiing was good from the north side but I have to agree with Freeheel in a general sense. Up high is good but down low is boney with stuff just below the surface. For the average woods skier there would be issues. Good eveidnce of this is the amount of woods related injurys that Ski Patrol had this weekend. I also talked to an outback snow shoe guide on Sunday. He told me that the water bars higher up on the South side are still open and running. I think with this weeks cold and some more snow, we should be in better shape.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!