Sunday December 21st, 2008 weather report...

8am - started snowing

weather report

10:4o am REALLY SNOWING!!!! 3" on my truck!

Just got off the hill....

On my back home I traversed under the Village Double. From 3pm until now, there was another 10" on top of what we got today.

ps. Miguel's is open!

So who's got bets on tonight?

Weather Channel:
    Heavy snow this evening will end as snow showers late. Low 12F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. 6 to 10 inches of snow expected.

They're saying that's in addition to what fell today. Think we'll see it? Or have we seen the majority already?
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

more, lots of wrap around and there is a blocking high in place to slow the low down; hopefully, once it forms off the coast!

I dunno, it really isn't showing the characteristic Nor'easter spin that it needs to really get the wraparound... it's gonna need a major reversal to dump a lot more here... meanwhile northern Maine is getting hammered, haha...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

another 3"

3" more since my last post...

Why has nobody cleaned off my car?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Plow

My plow guy just showed up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    I dunno, it really isn't showing the characteristic Nor'easter spin that it needs to really get the wraparound... it's gonna need a major reversal to dump a lot more here... meanwhile northern Maine is getting hammered, haha...
    While warp-around happens, it is more often mistaken for upslope. As long as you've got strong, moist flow wrapping around the departing low, the orographics of the Greens rising up 3000-4000' above the Champlain Valley and the Canadian tundra do all the work by adding lift to create precipitation. Note the radar signature now emerging tonight with not much to the NW and a line stretching from Jay down the spine to K-Mart and beyond.

Re: another 3"

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy
    3" more since my last post...
    So that's 13" since you stopped skiing? Are we over 20" by this point?

Yes

Tim - Yes

It is now 10:45, it has stopped snowing. Now it is VERY VERY windy.

I will post back in the AM.

hard to tell how much more we got tonight. I'll say a solid 6-10 since 4:30! It really started to blow HARD at around 10:30 some HUGE drifts forming. I might as well have just shut my eyes, I couldn't see for %&@*!
    Drive home absolutley sucked! Beer is cold though! MMMMM good!

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.