Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Sorry. I just finished up clubbing some baby seals and had to put a new polish on my Sea Turtle coffee table that I just dusted off with my Bald Eagle father duster. It's getting tough to see my monitor. Excuse me while I turn up the ole whale blubber lantern. Right whale blubber burns clean and efficiently I hear.

So now you know where I stand on environmental issues because I like the SBX. Seriously though the SBX is a nice link between the two mountains and increases the usable terrain for skiers who buy an all mountain pass. You couldn't sell an all mountain pass and expect everyone to jump on the bus. I take the SBX quite a bit when I want to escape crowds on Saturdays, although truthfully crowds aren't really much of an issue at the Bush compared to other mountains. Perhaps the SBX has something to do with it. In any event we're luck the ASC decide to throw money at the mountain and we should take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    Sorry. I just finished up clubbing some baby seals and had to put a new polish on my Sea Turtle coffee table that I just dusted off with my Bald Eagle father duster. It's getting tough to see my monitor. Excuse me while I turn up the ole whale blubber lantern. Right whale blubber burns clean and efficiently I hear.

So now you know where I stand on environmental issues because I like the SBX. Seriously though the SBX is a nice link between the two mountains and increases the usable terrain for skiers who buy an all mountain pass. You couldn't sell an all mountain pass and expect everyone to jump on the bus. I take the SBX quite a bit when I want to escape crowds on Saturdays, although truthfully crowds aren't really much of an issue at the Bush compared to other mountains. Perhaps the SBX has something to do with it. In any event we're luck the ASC decide to throw money at the mountain and we should take advantage of it.
    While I can't condone MM4B's use of endagered species for decorating, I do concur with his analysis of the SBX. While it may appear to some to be a unnessecary luxury. It is an essential asset to the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    I really think running SBX at all is basically the definition of excess. Is this the kind of image we want to portray? Sure 96 out of 100 chairs go unriden, but hey, we're Americans and we don't care how much it costs or how much electricity it uses. Damn the environment, I don't want to wait 15 minutes for a bus!
    Your right. I also thought it was a bit excessive when they built it. I thought why spend all that money just to connect the mountains. But recently I have found myself using it quite a bit. During mid winter weekends, my wife and I will ski Lincoln Peak until the lines build. Then we hit Slide Brook down to the bus, cross the street and catch to bus to Ellen. We spend the rest of the day at Ellen and then hit the SBX home at 3:15. It a pretty fun day.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Sure 96 out of 100 chairs go unriden
    Remember that you should figure the most crowded lifts at 50% usage, in your calculations. The chairs coming down have nobody on them. This is a bi-directional lift, so it looks worse.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.