Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I imagine that the principle might be that offering open an lift policy would diminish the value of the full price ticket.
    I don't think moving people late in the day really matters when you can't ride upper mountain lifts anyway, and I've already stated that my pass has been checked recently on upper chairs. Maybe it would suck if some ten year old got separated from his parents or something, but that's a personal responsibility issue yet again.

Win, thank you for the answer even if it isn't one I agree with.....I'll just have to keep making suggestions anyway!

Furthermore, Sugarbush is still my favorite place and it will be great if one day I can afford a pass and live in Vermont so all these issues can go away.
    Until then, I'm paying full freight anyway!

Guest service many times is a matter of perspective. Letting ME only pass folks to use the SBX after maybe 3:30 is great for the ME only pass/tik holders but for the All Mountain folks it would be anti-guest service. Not only the value part but in the increased lines that would occur.

As pointed out by others if everyone just used it to just go down to the LP base it might work but if you believe that some won't try to get on North Lynx or ski quickly down to Castlerock then you don't understand human nature.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Guest service many times is a matter of perspective. Letting ME only pass folks to use the SBX after maybe 3:30 is great for the ME only pass/tik holders but for the All Mountain folks it would be anti-guest service. Not only the value part but in the increased lines that would occur.

As pointed out by others if everyone just used it to just go down to the LP base it might work but if you believe that some won't try to get on North Lynx or ski quickly down to Castlerock then you don't understand human nature.
    Please - even on the busiest of holidays and weekends, there are no lines at 3:40 on any lift. Since Nl and CR close at 3:45, it would take a pretty dedicated scoundrel to wait until the 3:30 bell, jump on the SBX, and make it to CR in time. I suppose there is a possibility that NL sees its skier total post-3:00 increase from 25 to 28. Truly a guest services fiasco.

You rode the bus to Ellen in the morning, ride it back at the end of your day. Or drive your car there and back at your leisure.

Last chair on SBX = 3:15. Last chair on North Lynx, Castlerock and Heaven's Gate = 3:45.

There are lots of things that can be changed to make it possible for people skiing North to take the SBX to South, but why should they?

You are buying a restricted pass at a discounted price. Accept the restrictions or buy the full price pass.

But I think Win put it much more succinctly.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

So what you are telling me is...

I can't use my ME pass to ride the sbx and apres @ Castlerock Pub or Timbers and take the mad bus back to ME?

edit: riding the sbx is more convienent why not charge for it....a one ride fee?
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Last chair on SBX = 3:15. Last chair on North Lynx, Castlerock and Heaven's Gate = 3:45.

There are lots of things that can be changed to make it possible for people skiing North to take the SBX to South, but why should they?

You are buying a restricted pass at a discounted price. Accept the restrictions or buy the full price pass.
    That timing makes it tougher, but please spare me the "discounted/restricted pass" nonsense. The only reason someone brought it up was to see if there was a way to get back to LP at the end of the day from ME. This would have a variety of benefits like curtailing vehicle usage, opening up more space on late day shuttles and possibly increasing the number of patrons at the CR Pub. The obvious pitfall is if people used this as an opportunity to take advantage of the full priced skiing at both LP and ME - no one is advocating that or suggesting it's even a good thing, so let's stop arguing against a straw man.

If the SBX is running, that's a sunk cost, so if you could find a way to avoid people trying to scam the system, you'd be hard pressed to come up with a legitimate downside. Regardless, in light of the timing Lostone provided, it's a dead issue unless SB is going to start putting ticket checkers on all uper mtn lifts when SBX is open, and that's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone

That timing makes it tougher, but please spare me the "discounted/restricted pass" nonsense. The only reason someone brought it up was to see if there was a way to get back to LP at the end of the day from ME. This would have a variety of benefits like curtailing vehicle usage, opening up more space on late day shuttles and possibly increasing the number of patrons at the CR Pub. The obvious pitfall is if people used this as an opportunity to take advantage of the full priced skiing at both LP and ME - no one is advocating that or suggesting it's even a good thing, so let's stop arguing against a straw man.

If the SBX is running, that's a sunk cost, so if you could find a way to avoid people trying to scam the system, you'd be hard pressed to come up with a legitimate downside. Regardless, in light of the timing Lostone provided, it's a dead issue unless SB is going to start putting ticket checkers on all uper mtn lifts when SBX is open, and that's silly.
    I assume the reason the SBX stops at 3:15 is safety??? don't want to have riders up there if something goes wrong and then have to do an evacuation in the dark.

I just know I am going to ski ME and want to stay longer than my ride.

If the difference in tickets is $20 and full day of skiing LP is 8 hours....that's 2.50 an hour extra for the privilege of skiing LP.
    So... if you put a metrocard reader at the SBX on Ellen so I can get home without taking the bus does my pay per ride cover one transfer to Castlerock?

Seriously, I feel for the Mt Ellen people that might want to Apres ski, whereas I just want to go home. However, I am not trying to antagonize the mountain I am simply expressing my point of view. You can't win an argument on an internet message board anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by mattlucas
    However, I am not trying to antagonize the mountain I am simply expressing my point of view. You can't win an argument on an internet message board anyway!
    Tell that to all the people splayed out comfortably in the Tin Woodsman annex of the CR Pub this winter.

However, I am not trying to antagonize the mountain I am simply expressing my point of view. You can't win an argument on an internet message board anyway!
    Tell that to all the people splayed out comfortably in the Tin Woodsman annex of the CR Pub this winter.
    Tinny, you crack me up.... So when's the dedication.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Thanks. I'll be here all week.

Try the veal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Thanks. I'll be here all week.

Try the veal.
    What's the over/under on complaints . . . I mean opinions and ideas about how to improve the new Woodsman's Annex?

I just know I am going to ski ME and want to stay longer than my ride.

If the difference in tickets is $20 and full day of skiing LP is 8 hours....that's 2.50 an hour extra for the privilege of skiing LP.
    So... if you put a metrocard reader at the SBX on Ellen so I can get home without taking the bus does my pay per ride cover one transfer to Castlerock?

Seriously, I feel for the Mt Ellen people that might want to Apres ski, whereas I just want to go home. However, I am not trying to antagonize the mountain I am simply expressing my point of view. You can't win an argument on an internet message board anyway!
    I was thinking to myself when I was in NYC this past weekend... I must be the only full-time year-round Vermont resident with a Metrocard next to a VT driver's license in their wallet! And even after putting some more $ on it this wknd, its still got some $2.10 left. Woohooo.... that gives me one ride on the SBX, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale

What's the over/under on complaints . . . I mean opinions and ideas about how to improve the new Woodsman's Annex?
    I'll set the line at 4.5