Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Northridge Anyone??

Getting fired up for the opening day at Mt. Ellen this Friday and the forecast looks sweet!!!

Just wondering if the Northridge Chair is ready to fire up on opening day. This info will be very helpful in making my most difficult decision all week---North vs. South.

Thanks!

Re: Northridge Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by bumpcrasher
    Getting fired up for the opening day at Mt. Ellen this Friday and the forecast looks sweet!!!

Just wondering if the Northridge Chair is ready to fire up on opening day. This info will be very helpful in making my most difficult decision all week---North vs. South.

Thanks!
    I think that everyone needs to go to South this weekend. The skiing at North will be cold, icy, and terrible. Plus you won't be able to see Lostone. He always hangs out at LP. Go South. Stay away from North. Nothing to see.

Re: Northridge Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpcrasher

Thanks!
    I think that everyone needs to go to South this weekend. The skiing at North will be cold, icy, and terrible. Plus you won't be able to see Lostone. He always hangs out at LP. Go South. Stay away from North. Nothing to see.

Fixed it for ya
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

The plan is to run it. Our inspector is scheduled to be here tomorrow to inspect Northridge and North Lynx.

Win, please let us know later today, if the lifts passed inspection. and if Northridge will be running and does not have Dopplemayer bugs again this year!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vonski
    Win, please let us know later today, if the lifts passed inspection. and if Northridge will be running and does not have Dopplemayer bugs again this year!!!!!
    Northridge is a Leitner-Poma lift, FYI.

So, is it the same as Bravo or not? I have no clue I just get on the thing!! If they are different then maybe the programmer from last year switched companies and that is why Bravo is down now!!! and Northridge will be fine. If not then lets still hope there are no bugs with Northridge this year. It is this lift that makes Ellen so perfect. Warm up on Rim Run, then Elbow and then Exterminator! Glide, turns and Bumps.!!!

Thanks for letting me know!

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    True, but Doppelmayr relocated it in '95 and messed it up. I believe that Poma un-messed it up in 2002. Those are very technical terms mind you

So, is it the same as Bravo or not? I have no clue I just get on the thing!! If they are different then maybe the programmer from last year switched companies and that is why Bravo is down now!!! and Northridge will be fine. If not then lets still hope there are no bugs with Northridge this year. It is this lift that makes Ellen so perfect. Warm up on Rim Run, then Elbow and then Exterminator! Glide, turns and Bumps.!!!

Thanks for letting me know!
    Bravo is a Doppelmayr circa 1995. Northridge is a Leitner-Poma circa 1990. It was the original Green Mountain Express, then moved to it's current location by Doppelmayr in 1995. Doppelmayr messed things up, and I believe Poma had to come back in and make some repairs. It has been fine, overall. Last year's issues were not a result of bad programming or a rebellious programmer. Different issues than are currently experienced at Bravo.

True, but Doppelmayr relocated it in '95 and messed it up. I believe that Poma un-messed it up in 2002. Those are very technical terms mind you
    You must have posted as I started to write my previous response!

Yep, same time.

Have you heard the relocation story? Apparently, when Doppelmayr moved it, they did the work and when they were done, they came into the Mountain Operations office with a box full of parts and said, "um, we don't know where these go, so here you go."

Yep, same time.

Have you heard the relocation story? Apparently, when Doppelmayr moved it, they did the work and when they were done, they came into the Mountain Operations office with a box full of parts and said, "um, we don't know where these go, so here you go."

Wouldn't surprise me. Although I think they also caused some fairly major problems with tower and sheave assembly alignment that Poma had to completely rework.

I've had some bad experiences with Doppelmayr, including some of their employees. Not to mention those DT-104 and 108 grips! Don't get me started....

If it's not a European Dopp, I don't like it.

Speaking of Doppelmyer, did you see what happened in Whistler. Not good.

Inspector didn't come yesterday but is coming today. Will let you know later!

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Speaking of Doppelmyer, did you see what happened in Whistler. Not good.
    Fortunately, that incident had nothing to do with the manufacturer. It was ice jacking, caused by water buildup in the tower. The water froze and broke the weld at the flange connecting that top & bottom sections of tower.