Thread: 08-09 Blazers

08-09 Blazers

Blazer programs started this weekend, and a nice start it was. And moving the meet location to behind Gate House is a great improvement.

Nice work.

Thank you for noticing!

John

My son unfortunately is not in Blazers this year. But I am happy to say that Blazers is an excellent program and he had two excellent years with the program. He is in the fifth grade now and is accomplished enough as a skier to stay skiing with me at this point. So, my compliments to the program, John for facilitating it and for the excellent instructors that coach the kids. Keep up the excellent work.

I found having the ski school at the back of Gate House to be somewhat of a traffic jam getting from GH to Bravo. Is this what we will have all winter. The other question is that loading GH from the other side going to be the norm for this season?

We will be behind Gate House Lodge, but are only there for fifteen minutes in the morning and afternoon. The groups are pushed up against the wall, with clear traffic flow too. Skiing or riding fast through this area isn't safe, even when groups aren't meeting there. We have had collisions there and trying to carry speed just so you don't have to skate a few steps isn't cool.

I don't know if Gate House line will continue in its current location, but I think it works much better than the old set-up. This will become clearer as the lines start to grow during the holiday period.

That said, we constantly re-evaluate our meeting places and line set-ups to improve traffic flow and safety. If dynamics change, so will we.

John

I think the new meeting area is much better than the way it used to be.
    and thank you John for all your hard work. It is a great program. And now that both my kids are in, I can actually get some serious skiing done (I just have to ditch the wife).

Have you heard of our Women's Turn program, Howie? Sounds like an ideal relationship solution.

John