Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Lynx

Ordinarily I ignore making such posts, but considering its a correction for a corrector....
    I think you missed the point of the tense correction.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Just a quick follow up question because I'm not sure I understand. Does a lift need to be opened within a certain number of days after inspection or else it will need re-inspection? I ask because I'm wondering why the all lifts are not inspected at the same time prior to the season beginning so they can be opened up when needed without relying on the inspector during the actual ski season itself. Or if not all together at least sooner then a week before a planned opening.

It just seems to me this has happened before, maybe last season if I remember correctly. If we had the lifts inspected sooner then or before the season began we wouldn't have to wait for an inspector to make us time. Or it seems in this case to not blow us off. Is there a reason he chooses to do this to us? Have we pissed him off or something? Does he need proper palm greasing and he's holding us over the coals. Should we send him a holiday Strip-O-Gram with Angelina Jolie carried on the shoulders of two midgets?

Just trying to understand what's going on is all.

Thanks

Just to reiterate what Win pointed out... there is ONE lift inspector for all of the areas in N VT. He is very very much in demand this time of year. Win also made it clear that inspections are scheduled based on order of opening. North Lynx generally isn't spinning this early, so the scheduled inspection would normally be fine.

Inspections aren't exactly quick and easy, either. He has a lot to look at for each lift, and a lot of lifts to look at.

All good things come to those who wait.........

Think Snow!

I guess that's kind of my point. If it's busy at this time of year to inspect then why can't they inspect sooner, maybe before the season begins? I'm just asking because I'm curious why. If the answer is that a lift must be operational and running with X days of inspection or else it needs re-inspection then that I completely get. Otherwise why are we waiting until last minute to get an appointment in. It could have been done in September or October. The only reason I bring this up as a topic is because I remember the same thing happening last year and wondered the same thing.

I also recall Win saying that it is based on the mountains maintenance schedule. Lot to be done around the mountain and on the lift maintenance. So, perhaps it does fit in with the mountains schedule as per their maintenance plan. Lets just hope the same computer problems don't plague Northridge the same as last year and with Bravo this year. To me it sounds like a Dopplemayer conspiracy. Like some one else said good job security for the programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    I guess that's kind of my point. If it's busy at this time of year to inspect then why can't they inspect sooner, maybe before the season begins? I'm just asking because I'm curious why. If the answer is that a lift must be operational and running with X days of inspection or else it needs re-inspection then that I completely get. Otherwise why are we waiting until last minute to get an appointment in. It could have been done in September or October. The only reason I bring this up as a topic is because I remember the same thing happening last year and wondered the same thing.
    Maintenance.

Don't think that inspections aren't scheduled until last minute... you could call in April and maybe not even fit into the schedule until December. I don't know when our inspections were scheduled, but it usually comes down to this: whenever maintenance will be complete and the inspector is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Ordinarily I ignore making such posts, but considering its a correction for a corrector....
    I think you missed the point of the tense correction.
    Yes, I guess I did indeed. Wait, don't tell me the point, I want to sit and stew it over some more.