Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    36 degrees from Norm and changed over to sleet. The worst is past. About a third of an inch of rain fell.
    What will thursday night bring

The wind was just howling all night. My lighting display celebrating Sugarbush & MRG birthdays was decimated. It's all fixed now and I will have to finish the final touches tomorrow. Rain has stopped and local forecast is 3-5" of snow by tonight(?). Please - no inversion!!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Snowing at base of Mt. Ellen as of about 12:30pm.......

Lots of natural gone down low, but manmade is holding up pretty well. Looking at over a foot of new snow by the end of the week. Weekend should be great.

12:54... i'm in parking lot at LP, gotta love the Claybrook WI-FI system...

still a stretch to call it snow but not rain anymore...

i'm going to have a nice lunch at Timbers and wait for it to change over.

then I'm going skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Tracks

still a stretch to call it snow but not rain anymore...

i'm going to have a nice lunch at Timbers and wait for it to change over.

then I'm going skiing.
    I hate you! I am working.....need to pay for new boots
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Wow, cool. This is setting a new standard for mountain reports. Next thing I want to see is you guys with iPhones and crackberries giving us flatlanders reports while you ski. Hmm. I guess that's easier for us boarders (no poles.) Cell phone pictures will be acceptable as well.

Let us know when the snow matures...

Huge flakes coming straight down in the base area!

John

Snowing 15 miles away in Waterbury, with accumulation - dusting so far.
    Amazing... 30 deg temp drop since 9am...

snowing in Montpeculiar, 30 miles away...

taking the little one out this weekend. should be fun. last forcast i saw was suppose to be sunny on Sat.

there is no crying, whining, or pouting allowed on the mountain. period.

Yes, it rained. We closed a number of trails today to preserve them. Since the wind was howling early and we had windholds there were very few people on the slopes. Some diehard ASRA racers worked some gates even today. However, by late morning the temperatures fell at the Summit and by the time I went to snow plan at 1pm it was snowing all the way down to the base. We clearly lost some depth on the natural trails, but not nearly as much as we had feared. Snow today, tonight and then maybe some substantial snow on Thursday night into Friday are setting up for a good weekend. We have a chance of reopening all we had and expanding more. The guns came back on a little while ago and we are concentrating on Middle Jester and will try to get as much capacity on Easy Rider and Pushover as is possible to get some good beginner and intermediate terrain open there.

The new room in CR Pub is just about finished. They were laying the carpet today, and I must say, I think it looks great. Inspectors are coming tomorrow. We won't be serving food there yet, but hopefully can pour some beers. Not a promise yet - just a reasonable hope!

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Yes, it rained. We closed a number of trails today to preserve them. Since the wind was howling early and we had windholds there were very few people on the slopes. Some diehard ASRA racers worked some gates even today. However, by late morning the temperatures fell at the Summit and by the time I went to snow plan at 1pm it was snowing all the way down to the base. We clearly lost some depth on the natural trails, but not nearly as much as we had feared. Snow today, tonight and then maybe some substantial snow on Thursday night into Friday are setting up for a good weekend. We have a chance of reopening all we had and expanding more. The guns came back on a little while ago and we are concentrating on Middle Jester and will try to get as much capacity on Easy Rider and Pushover as is possible to get some good beginner and intermediate terrain open there.

The new room in CR Pub is just about finished. They were laying the carpet today, and I must say, I think it looks great. Inspectors are coming tomorrow. We won't be serving food there yet, but hopefully can pour some beers. Not a promise yet - just a reasonable hope!
    Thanks for the update/play by play. Looking fwd to beers in the new Pub!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."