Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saturday was my first day ever seeing security... roaming around the Gate House. Perhaps I've never noticed them before because if I'm in the Gate House, I'm usually sitting at the bar. With the bar not open yet, my break is upstairs.

I too remember seeing that Jester is an old logging road. In fact, its mentioned on the interactive trail map at sugarbush.com. Maybe what's confusing is that Lower Downspout just feeds directly into it that you think its the same trail... a straight shot. From Birdland and Murphy's, its pretty obvious you're turning onto a different run. Not to get into trail count logistics here, but Downspout/Lower Downspout should be merged, along with Twist/Lwr, Moonshine/Lwr, etc. But I'll cut that off now...

BTW, about 6" or so here in Waterbury. Thought about going tomorrow but temps in the teens in the Valleys = even colder up top. I can wait till Tuesday.. for the next snowstorm!

They made snow on part of Lower Jester, but people have said they didn't go all the way down. I was on the part down to Heaven's Gate Traverse, where I headed for Lower Domino.

Lower Domino was my pick for today. The terrain was a little ugly, in places, but it was the best snow I found.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I would imagine after the brief warm up on Tuesday Wednesday they are going to have to get to that lower part of Jester along with lower organgrinder prior to the B-day celebration. Cause they must not have made snow on the lower section yet.

Absolute lowest section of Organgrinder was not open Saturday. It was open up until the last Jester crossover though. So I doubt any snow's been made there, or on "Mid Jester" for that matter. I'm sure snowmaking will move there sometime in the near future, but I'd guess the Gate House/Village pod is next on the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    1) On some maps Lower Downspout continues to Coffee Run. On others, Lower Jester goes to Coffee Run.
    B) The way the snowmaking and trail open/close works, if there is one section of a trail that is open/groomed/has snowmaking that is the way the status shows for the whole trail. They could change it to Lower Organgrinder section 1 is open, 2 closed, 3 open... but that would be very cumbersome.
    Or they could add a way to indicate on the snow report that it's only partially groomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    1) On some maps Lower Downspout continues to Coffee Run. On others, Lower Jester goes to Coffee Run.
    B) The way the snowmaking and trail open/close works, if there is one section of a trail that is open/groomed/has snowmaking that is the way the status shows for the whole trail. They could change it to Lower Organgrinder section 1 is open, 2 closed, 3 open... but that would be very cumbersome.
    Or they could add a way to indicate on the snow report that it's only partially groomed.
    Stowe seems to do this: http://www.stowe.com/mountain/conditions.php ...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

guns moved to low/mid jester and organgrinder, save before the rain. Yeah!!! Think and Pray snow.