Quote Originally Posted by madhavok
Lastly what is there to worry about? Sugarbush has already invested in a new gladed trail system, (Eden, deeper sleeper, egans, & lews line) which will ensure the availabity of Sugarbush glade skiing through its next fifty years.
Also want to chime in that this is exactly the wrong idea. Frankly, skiers seem to be much better now. Many more people are hitting the woods and those metal edges are destroying trees young and old. I'm all for exploring, but I want people in 50 years to have the same thrill. Sure, sometimes you can get in a place that can be too tight, but over the last five years i would say the unofficial trail map has grown considerably due to use and edges.

I also get jealous when i think about people who had the chance to ski trails as they were originally cut 40 years ago. Glades looked freakin awesome. I would love to see planting and orange bands there...even if we couldn't ski it the whole thing would hold snow better. Paradise used to ski far more like MRG version, what we have now is a bit more weak. And as far as trails skiing the way they originally intended, i'm sure downspout was a blast in the gondola days due to far less skier traffic.

That's off topic, but let's get planting and then maybe we can open up some more legit areas as well....and maybe a few runs off the backside to lincoln while we're at it.