Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Driving home from the Bush Yesterday

89 and 91... I counted something like 26 cars off the road... What the sh1t??

Re: Driving home from the Bush Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    And the next questions are:

1. How many of them were SUV's?
    2. How many of them had Mass. Plates?

Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger

Here we go......
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

How's my MASS taste?

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier

Here we go......
    Not being critical. I'm just being honest...in my experience, there has been a clear correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier

Here we go......
    Not being critical. I'm just being honest...in my experience, there has been a clear correlation.
    Hey you are entitled to your opinion. Comments like these start flamming. "Flatlanders" vs "Locals" or whatever.

I see plenty of green plates off the road on my daily commute when the roads are greasy. Same can be said on Sunday's. I have pulled many a neighbor out of a ditch in a snow storm. One even landed in a snow bank in my driveway.....I guess he was going too fast. Now my driving skills on the other hand are perfect!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Actually the car that went off the road in front of me was a Subaru with green plates.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I think it's pretty normal that on the first bout of dicey roads alot of folks are still driving too fast for conditions and end up in the ditch. Green, white, tan, purple, polka dot plates, whatever, all join the party. It was, after all a holiday weekend
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Anyone drove 89 through NH last night around 6/7 PM? How was it?

This time of year....

the folks with white plates are the weekend regular's up here. I believe you'll find more hakkas with that crowd than most. Now after Xmas you might have a different story. But remember once you get to 89 on a Friday or Sunday evening, you'd expect to find NH, MA, CT, etc.....

Family

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    Anyone drove 89 through NH last night around 6/7 PM? How was it?
    My wife did coming back up here and said it was really slick. There was a BMW that couldn't make it up a hill on 89!

Traffic coming back on Sunday was bad and the roads were slick. Left Warren at about 4 PM and it took about 2 hours to get to West Leb which usually takes me one hour. Easily saw about a dozen cars off the road to include one we pulled over to help, but turned out to be empty already. Was too busy trying to make sure everyone was alright to notice the plate colors........

I've never understood why there is such animosity for and between people from nearby states. If this were the west coast, we'd all be living in one state!

Besides, some of Vermont's most sacred institutions were largely made possible by people from Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and New Jersey. To name a few, think of the Long Trail, Stowe, MRG, Sugarbush and Killington.

John

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    I've never understood why there is such animosity for and between people from nearby states. If this were the west coast, we'd all be living in one state!

Besides, some of Vermont's most sacred institutions were largely made possible by people from Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and New Jersey. To name a few, think of the Long Trail, Stowe, MRG, Sugarbush and Killington.

John
    +1... plus at the risk at being accused of marketingspeak, all of the employees I work with totally applaud and appreciate the effort, time and cost all our guests go thru to come to the Bush, in some cases as mentioned in this thread risking life and limb and is a big part of the motivation to do right for them, to over-deliver anyway we can. This starts from the top down and I think most everyone knows what I'm talking about and is the primary reason I returned 3 years ago to the Bush after 4 years at LL Bean.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson

John
    Seriously! I'm not trying to start state warfare here.. I don't want to see anyone off the road, no matter what plates they have. I just was absolutely shocked at how many cars were off the road. I drove right through it (left at 3) and didn't think the roads were slick at all....