Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opening Day Powder Alert!

It is totally dumping this morning and the first people just got in line for first chair of 2008-2009.

Oh yeah!

John

Have fun you lucky SOBs

Sincerely,

Jealous

Have fun you lucky SOBs

Sincerely,

Jealous

hurrah!

that's awesome news.

A couple of pics from today ...

Coach Kevin was having trouble keeping the snow out of his face.

Our first lessons of the year. They ripped up the base area, so we took them up Bravo. Smiles all around!

John

well...... how was it!!!!!?????!!!!!!!

It was very nice. I am so glad that everyone in here bailed at the last minute. Deep snow up top....the open runs had some nice chowder on them.

Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger
    It was very nice. I am so glad that everyone in here bailed at the last minute. Deep snow up top....the open runs had some nice chowder on them.
    Enough snow to poach anything? Not that you would, of course.

I thought it was quite good, but I was working and only got in a few runs. I don't think I got in one that I didn't have some freshies.

As people were finishing their day, I was asking how they thought it was, and everyone said it was awesome or great, except for one guy. He said it was ok, but when I told him that he had to go back up and do it right, he "admitted" it was great.

It was cold, but not real winter cold. Still... when that wind blew... that wind blew. And it was blowing some snow into spots where I could find it as freshies.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

While on the Heaven's Gate chair, I saw a couple guys coming out of Paradise. There was significant snow there, but one of them hit a more significant waterbar, and went down.

Various other sets of tracks, and heard of patrol pulling a pass, for someone who'd made one of them.

Short season?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    While on the Heaven's Gate chair, I saw a couple guys coming out of Paradise. There was significant snow there, but one of them hit a more significant waterbar, and went down.

Various other sets of tracks, and heard of patrol pulling a pass, for someone who'd made one of them.

Short season?
    how much did it snow?
    I'm so bummed I didn't come up but so id the wife so that may help for next week.

Bush site says 16 " - no liying in those numbers - light and dry, wind filled in thruout the day - mine ended at 2PM it never stopped snowing prettty hard all day - between 9-10A shin and a few knee swas easy to find on the sides of 'Dreamspout' and Jester.

snowing at 1200 feet at north.

Not a blade of grass visible on Rip or Spills, jus t nothing underneath, only saw boarders in the woods - too light and dry to hold anything in there.

Just a great opening day and no lines - at least at the chairs. . . . . .
    predicting 3-5 at the airport tonight.

If that holds true tomorrow will be better than this morning, We'll see. . . .

Getting stoked. I have daycare duty tomorrow while my wife is @ work. Looking forward to Monday
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

good job getting it dudes....that's pretty funny about the guy getting his pass pulled. I hope they give it back after he's learned his lesson (maybe missing one snowstorm?).

Very very thin underneath but did get my first face shot!
    The mountain had done a great job. Lots of snow! Even a few bumps to play on.