Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News

Breaking News

I have always wanted to be an investigative reporter, and now I have a scoop that you are hearing here first.

Mike Henzel, the owner of Miguel's before Steve Fowler, is opening a new Mexican restaurant in the old Phoenix restaurant. Miguel's at Sugarbush will most likely be open prior to Christmas week. This is great news for all!

That is good news! Will they serving boooze? Entertainment? And while we're on village eats, is Mutha Stuffa's still open?

From what he told me this will be family oriented. Booze, yes. Entertainment, no. Mutha Stuffa is going strong. I had an excellent sandwhich there last week.

That is fantastic news! Mexican's triumphant return to the valley! Is there going to be any Sugarbush-Miguel's partnership or anything, like deals for Clay Brook customers? That would definitely get some people flowing over there...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

We will definitely do all we can to support him and the other local businesses. We want everyone to succeed! Once Mike is up and running, we will certainly be chatting more with him.

Awesome! I've been bemoaning the lack of mexican since the last place closed. And it is a well established and capitalized purveyor to boot. Tequila anyone?

nm

Not to be a buzz kill, but I must admit I am a bit bummed, while great to have the food, my housemates (20 of them) are more interested in finding the elusive fun non family spot for singles to have fun and mingle (other than the HydeAway). This means that one potential venue for entertainment is gone. There is already plenty of places to eat but few to none that offer good entertainment at night.

Seems to me like a house of 20 is already a party...........

I am sorry i am going to get the names wrong but

Doesn't the Purple Cow?(I am sure I have the name wrong...it is across from Flatbread and right next to a restaurant) have music on weekends? I thought they had 1 or 2 person music groups that played...it is a pretty small place...probably couldn't handle a group of 20...I empathize with the need for an active and lively bar scene eventhough those days are behind me(sort of...still like to mix it up a bit but prioroties change)

Re: I am sorry i am going to get the names wrong but

Quote Originally Posted by mikec13
    Doesn't the Purple Cow?(I am sure I have the name wrong...it is across from Flatbread and right next to a restaurant) have music on weekends? I thought they had 1 or 2 person music groups that played...it is a pretty small place...probably couldn't handle a group of 20...I empathize with the need for an active and lively bar scene eventhough those days are behind me(sort of...still like to mix it up a bit but prioroties change)
    The Purple Moon did have live music last winter then after partying all night you can go to the Spotted Cow for breakfast.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by EXskier
    Not to be a buzz kill, but I must admit I am a bit bummed, while great to have the food, my housemates (20 of them) are more interested in finding the elusive fun non family spot for singles to have fun and mingle (other than the HydeAway). This means that one potential venue for entertainment is gone. There is already plenty of places to eat but few to none that offer good entertainment at night.
    I agree Exskier. The Phoenix will definitely be missed for its late night 20-30's entertainment. Last year our house had a solid crew there on a regular basis. Hopefully the CP will step it up this winter to fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by EXskier
    Ahhh, the old topic of where to party. I here you bro. Well the Warren House is still out there. Maybe some one will figure it out and make the investment. Win, got any friends that want to get into the entertainment business? I can not see a place with good entertainment and a fine selection of microbrews not making money. If it is a good place they will corner the market.

On the other side of this, I can not complain about Miguel's. When it existed across from the bridges it was a staple in my diet. Now I can walk down from my place and enjoy one of my favorite food groups!!!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

This is awesome news. Since I have a kid and a condo nearby it works out way better for me. But I can sympathize with those looking for nightlife.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I like the sound of the family oriented idea.

While some of you had good times at the Phoenix, many of his neighbors had many problems from not being able to park in our parking lot, because of people parking there, to go to the bar, to an explosion, fire and significant damage. And there was a lot a lot between.

I don't miss the Phoenix at all.

I hope Miguel's does well. Remember that if you like them, you need to support them. Less so, as we get into being more of a four season resort area, but it has been a hard place for restaurants, with business on Friday and Saturday nights for less than 6 months.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.