Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Opening Weekend Roll-Call

Who will be there? Do we want to attempt to have a meeting spot and time for those who want to rendezvous?

Say 11:00 am-11:10am at the LARGE trail map on the outside of Allyn's?

Being new to the forum, I will try and stop by and say hello. I will try and speak concisely as not to confuse you summitchallenger; if I get to meet you!!

Quote Originally Posted by vonski
    Being new to the forum, I will try and stop by and say hello. I will try and speak concisely as not to confuse you summitchallenger; if I get to meet you!!
    I know...I was just confused by that post....

Probably won't make it until Sunday. That begs the question...will there be skiing on Monday? I assume we are open for the season as of the 22nd , n'est-ce pas? ; }

I'll be there somewhere, but I'll be working that day. Map meeting is out for me.

Skiladi, that is the plan. We open on Saturday for the season.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I'll be there 100% certain.... or make that 99% certain.

I'm desperately trying get things done so I can be up there this weekend. I really need to get some turns. If I'm up, I'll be at Allyns at 11:00 Maybe 75% chance.

think I got the go sign

break from high school football and all other family activities make it look like I will make my first opening day ever!!!

It's not looking good for me, damn work thing getting in the way. Kind of out of my hands at this point but I brought my skis to get tuned just to get the mojo going in the right direction.

Once we are open, we try to never close. We will be open Monday!

Seeing Win's Word on the sugarbush site and that there is only going to be Jester to deathspout to coffee run on Sat. I am now going to drive up Saturday morning and ski in the afternoon and ski Sunday as well. It looks like Grinder should be open on Sunday giving a couple choices off the top. So, I will have to meet you all some other time.

I may hit up Sunday instead... one route down may be a bit taxing. See how it goes.

I am there both days. One route or two, I have paid a lot of money for the pass and I can't ski M-F. So I can't be too picky. Saturday will be solo. Sunday may have the GF with me and may or may not be up for a rendezvous.

I may hit up Sunday instead... one route down may be a bit taxing. See how it goes.
    So... You've got what that is better to do than take a few runs and sit down in Timbers and toast the new season?

You've got your pass and your board. It will cost you gas, and that is much cheaper than this time last month.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Probably no Timbers for me... I'm a Castlerock Pub guy. And now I hear its not gonna be open till Christmas? That's a bummer. By the time it opens, I'll be over at ME.

Pass - check
    Board - check
    Gloves - found 'em in my boot bag - no need to spend extra $ when you're unemployed
    Cruiser - took it on a 2-mile ride 'round town - still runs after sitting idle for a week
    Gas - still got half a tank left from when I had to use it as the "work vehicle" and they paid for my gas.
    Actual expenses for a day or two at the mtn: $0
    Riding your favorite mountain before Thanksgiving: Priceless
    There are some things money can't buy... for everything else, there's a day (or 2 or 3 or 50) of riding at Sugarbush