Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phoenix Closed?

Win, what about Friday nights at the CR pub?

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Quote Originally Posted by Treehugger
    The Valley isn't gaining much ground as a party resort, that's for sure.
    That's cool as I don't think the Bush or the valley wants that. Even many of us who live here when it comes to live music we are going to Montpelier, Stowe or Burlington. With Local Home, Purple Moon, the Big Theater, other community stages and the CRP there are a few choices during the ski season but as far as a Rusty Nail or a Wobbly Barn type place we don't have anything like that.

Add in the new sports bar, the Hyde-Away, Slidebrook and Big World I think you have some choices. Doesn't get much bar buzz but some folks like the small bars at the Common Man and at the Sugarbush Inn. It would be awesome if there was a place in Sugarbush Village but maybe the CRP fills that void.
    That's maybe cool to you SRO, but you live here and your priorities are different. I think what Bushbumpgirl said is more in line with what visiting skiers are saying. The simple fact is that there is not a steady place in the valley to see killer bands and dance up a storm. Thats what young folks want to do. (Well maybe some onld folks also )

This is another one of those things like early openings or increasing snow making capacity that quietly increase the skier visits in the long run. You can't point at it as the reason for the increase but it just happens.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Bummer. The Phoenix was the only bar I've ever been to that when I ordered a Tangueray and tonic the bartender made it in a pint glass.

Craigslist

http://burlington.craigslist.org/off/900850391.html

Date: 2008-10-31, 3:02PM EDT

FOR SALE $339,900 FOR CENTRALLY LOCATED RESTAURANT/CONDO SPACE JUST STEPS FROM SUGARBUSH SLOPES. COULD BE SUBDIVIED IN TO SEPARATE UNITS. ONLY HALF WILL BE A PART OF ASSOCIATION OF CENTER VILLAGE. ALL EQUIPMENT AND FIXTURES ARE PART OF THE SALE. BEING SOLD AS IS. PLEASE CALL LISTING OFFICE FOR MORE DETAILS AND ASSOCIATION DOCS.TOTAL SQ. FOOTAGE PER TOWN CALL 802-453-4670 www.wallacere.com or wallace@wallacere.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Quote Originally Posted by Treehugger
    The Valley isn't gaining much ground as a party resort, that's for sure.
    That's cool as I don't think the Bush or the valley wants that. Even many of us who live here when it comes to live music we are going to Montpelier, Stowe or Burlington. With Local Home, Purple Moon, the Big Theater, other community stages and the CRP there are a few choices during the ski season but as far as a Rusty Nail or a Wobbly Barn type place we don't have anything like that.

Add in the new sports bar, the Hyde-Away, Slidebrook and Big World I think you have some choices. Doesn't get much bar buzz but some folks like the small bars at the Common Man and at the Sugarbush Inn. It would be awesome if there was a place in Sugarbush Village but maybe the CRP fills that void.
    That's maybe cool to you SRO, but you live here and your priorities are different. I think what Bushbumpgirl said is more in line with what visiting skiers are saying. The simple fact is that there is not a steady place in the valley to see killer bands and dance up a storm. Thats what young folks want to do. (Well maybe some onld folks also )

This is another one of those things like early openings or increasing snow making capacity that quietly increase the skier visits in the long run. You can't point at it as the reason for the increase but it just happens.
    I think having a place with some killer bands would be awesome...we used to have several in the MRV. I was responding to the comment about the Bush being know as a "party resort". I think a couple of places with a decent capacity with some book kicking live music would do pretty well on the weekends. Not sure if that is enough business for one to come in.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Agree. The ski areas in the MRV will never be "party seasorts" ala K-Mart or Mt. Sneaux, as that's simply inconsistent with the character of the MRV and the type of people drawn here. But you've got to have something to keep the next generation of families interested, and that's been a weak spot for some time now. Good to see steps being taken like with the CR pub and the new Den - that's a positive affirmation of peoples' faith in the vibrancy of the MRV. Eventually, when the LP Village is built out more and physically connected with SB Village, that could change the game somewhat, as it would provide a bit of a center of gravity which is very much lacking right now.

We are going to start with Saturday night and Holidays and see how that goes. If the demand is there, we can keep open later on Friday too!

Good news Win! Make sure they don't run out of Switchback!!

Good stuff here peeps... Giggle... Um, going for the gold on this one. Any chance we could get the pool tables and Big Buck Hunter from the Phoenix to the CR pub? I totally stink at BBH, but that was always a draw for folks heading to the Phoenix - stuff to do beyond beer curls at the bar. <Not that there's anything wrong with that!>