Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skimrv.com message board layout

What do you guys think about rolling the SB + MRG thread paths into the same heading just called "skiing"

MRG just doesn't get the same amount posts, and every once in awhile I miss something good over there. I also think that most of
    the people on here take a trip to the other mountain, regardless of their season pass preference once at least once a year.

Desegregating the threads might also make for more spontaneous discussion between people who really only look at one or the other right now.

any thoughts?

It will be discussed.

- The Mgmt

Merge'em. It's not SKIMRG or SKISB, it's SKIMRV. One Mad River Valley!

John

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    Merge'em. It's not SKIMRG or SKISB, it's SKIMRV. One Mad River Valley!

John
    Agreed.

Re: Skimrv.com message board layout

Quote Originally Posted by mattlucas
    I also think that most of the people on here take a trip to the other mountain, regardless of their season pass preference once at least once a year.
    I'd love to take a trip over there one of these days. However, that might not go over too well with the locals. I hear those scruffy types over at the Glen aren't too friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    It will be discussed.

- The Mgmt
    Added a poll. You guys figure it out...

merge them, for sure, for sure
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

that no vote can only be explained by a bitter snowboarder!

No, it could have been someone who doesn't want the mixing of the areas, for a variety of reasons.

As for me...

Frankly, Scarlett...
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Although I've never looked that the MRG forum, I can't imagine that they would be very interested in our discussions of the new base lodge changes or snowmaking. Also, I'm not sure that we Sugarbush folks would be interested in their discussions of how best to whittle your own skis from an oak plank or which kind of wool gives off the best odor when damp. Besides, every third conversation on the Sugarbush board should be about snowboarding since that is clearly the coolest thing that we could discuss given our options. Except of course, our thread about surfing.
    http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=1608

Besides, if we merge the forums then the MRG guys could tell when I'm making fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter
    Although I've never looked that the MRG forum, I can't imagine that they would be very interested in our discussions of the new base lodge changes or snowmaking. Also, I'm not sure that we Sugarbush folks would be interested in their discussions of how best to whittle your own skis from an oak plank or which kind of wool gives off the best odor when damp. Besides, every third conversation on the Sugarbush board should be about snowboarding since that is clearly the coolest thing that we could discuss given our options. Except of course, our thread about surfing.
    http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=1608

Besides, if we merge the forums then the MRG guys could tell when I'm making fun of them.
    Hey, in my day we had factories make us skis and lifts carry us up to the top of mountains.

When we say merge the forums, it is really the MRG and Sugarbush rooms in this forum. "They" are already here... but it is because "they" are almost never really here that we're thinking of closing out "their" room, and incorporating "them" and "us".
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    When we say merge the forums, it is really the MRG and Sugarbush rooms in this forum. "They" are already here... but it is because "they" are almost never really here that we're thinking of closing out "their" room, and incorporating "them" and "us".
    d-e-e-p
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Let's face it, they never post because they just can't keep up with us. We're just too cool. Either that or they are busy winding up that big rubber band that runs the single chair.

The solution is so simple "duct tape" the two threads together! Ahhh, but where would you find duct tape?