Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A New Goal.....Open First!

I realize that it may be an expensive proposition but........I think this should have been us. They recieved no snow with this last storm and they are at a lower elevation.

http://www.sundayriver.com/TheMounta...s/Camshot.html

It took 24 hours for SR to get the coverage shown in this link. They open yesterday and every ski industry message board in the east is talking about it.
    I think if Sugarbush is going to make legitimate run at a higher slot on the Ski Magazine poll this is something that it needs in it's resume. Also look at all the free publicity they are getting. I saw this on several TV stations.

Thoughts? Comments?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

are the snow guns even on at the bush yet?

It's going to be 45-50F at the 3000ft elevation today.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Nice photo, but I actually prefer the steak over the sizzle.

My two cents:

Sunday River is not in the same league as Sugarbush. Their publicity stunt to blast snow for a day to open for two days and surely have to close by this weekend will be seen as such and probably cost them tens of thousands of dollars.

*shrug*

I have many friends over there. They skied yesterday and said the base is 3 to 4 feet deep and edge to edge. They also said that they will be open until Sunday and have possibly 3 trails and be top to bottom. I don't look at it as a publicity stunt. Their community is Skiing this weekend as a group. We should be doing the same. They may shut down for mid week but as of next weekend they will be open for good. Why not open early also?

I can't figure you guys out. Don't you want to ski? And I am not talking about earn your turns. I enjoy that as much as anybody. I am just so stoked to get out there with friends and this is something that SB has the power to do. I'm sick of the road trips every year and paying the other resorts for the pleasure.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I honestly have no interest in skiing re-frozen snow today and re-re-frozen post rain snow tomorrow. Especially if that cost Win five figures...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    I honestly have no interest in skiing re-frozen snow today and re-re-frozen post rain snow tomorrow. Especially if that cost Win five figures...
    What are you going to do in January? Last time I checked we are still on East Coast.

This is not Sunday River but based on my ski days up there with limited terrain it will be very crowded. I wouldn't be skiing at SR if I lived in Bethel...but that's me. Diferent strokes for diferent folks. The fact that lots of folks are up there having a great time is awesome.

Sugarbusher since 1970

I actually considered going. I talked to a very nice man up there and he was very honest about conditions and said it was all man made. They didn't get but a few flurries. So considering I would be tossing together a "leftover" package of gear (mine is in vt) and driving 3 hours up and back ( no where to crash ) and dressing like Sarah Palin for a free ticket I decided to stay home. I SHOULD HAVE GONE!! nothing has gone right all morning.
    ; { My appt. was cancelled , my ebank wouldn't let me log in. But I had a good walk with the dog and cat.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    That's great. It's been under 32 since Tuesday. So what's your point?

The Killington Refugees are putting away their T-shirts. Kmart opens on Sunday with top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by gone.skiing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
    What are you going to do in January? Last time I checked we are still on East Coast.
    Lol.. Don't worry, usually not refrozen. Nothing like March, but there's usually something around in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    That's great. It's been under 32 since Tuesday. So what's your point?
    That making snow today would not work from the question asked in the second post.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

So who here actually skiis the Bush because of its status in SKI magazine anyway???