Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How is it looking this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger
    How is it looking this morning?
    I can't speak for the mountain, but at 1700' Fayston, we have about 2" at most. It is the wet and heavy kind that did eventually stick to the (dirt) road. More is expected off and on today, but lighter/fluffier. Total today not expected to be more than 1-2".
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Looks like about an inch on my deck. (Skiing still not too good on my deck. )

Needless to say, the mountain is covered. Thought I saw track of wide GS turns on Lower Snowball, but it was just the berms showing thru.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

So where are the pictures?????
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

To tell the truth, it wasn't worth my time.

It is a couple inches with grass showing thru. There may be more at the top, "There's ALWAYS more at the top!" but A) I couldn't see the top of Bravo and 2) You really couldn't tell, from this distance.

So, imagine South, where you can see all it's trails in white.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Road trip??

Looks like Sunday River will spin lifts on Halloween. All my stuff is in my closet at the Bush. I guess I will have to rent.

http://www.sundayriver.com/community...showtopic=9903

Skiing is skiing after all!!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

About an inch at the base, 5/6" at Allyns Lodge, 6/8" at summit. Pretty much what was forecast.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

6-8" at the top of the Birdland Double, MRG, just before sunset. A little moist, a litte wind affected.

Slalom Hill was already tracked up, so I figured Quacky was chewed even more, and why hike for just Fox/Vixen to rocky Broadway with limited light? Birdland was untouched and just the right pitch for floating freshies on grassy mellow trails. No waterbars either. Robin/Wren rocked.

John

p.s. From the ski tracks, it was obvious who was on narrow skis and who was on fats. The narrow ones zorroed in different directions, while the fats rounded nice arcs. Could be the driver, but the right tools work. Go junkboard!

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson

6-8" at the top of the Birdland Double, MRG, just before sunset. A little moist, a litte wind affected.

Slalom Hill was already tracked up, so I figured Quacky was chewed even more, and why hike for just Fox/Vixen to rocky Broadway with limited light? Birdland was untouched and just the right pitch for floating freshies on grassy mellow trails. No waterbars either. Robin/Wren rocked.

John

p.s. From the ski tracks, it was obvious who was on narrow skis and who was on fats. The narrow ones zorroed in different directions, while the fats rounded nice arcs. Could be the driver, but the right tools work. Go junkboard!

Nice pic! I might have to bust out the rock boards for some pre-lift MRG turns.

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    Nice pic! I might have to bust out the rock boards for some pre-lift MRG turns.
    You better hurry up! Forecast is for 50F Friday, slight cooldown for the weekend, then 50F most everyday next week.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Does this mean....

...MRG, just before sunset. A little moist, a litte wind affected.
    ....Downhill Mountain biking season is over !?! I'm confused....

Funny you should ask Jay.

Lift-served DH'ing effectively ended on Oct 14th, but you already knew that. However the shuttle season on some of the Valley trails is still potentially open, when it dries out again.

Most importantly though, State lands close on November 1st for biking, so no more Cyclone, GS, B'Nut, Clinic or Enchanted Forest after the weekend.

The fun never really ends, it just switches gears. The creamy turns felt good!

John

p.s. How did Toggenburg fair from the storm?

Not sure on Tog....

John

p.s. How did Toggenburg fair from the storm?
    ....but Tug hill got nearly 2 feet, apparently. I'm thinking Tog got 5-6. We need a tectonic plate quantum shift....leaving Warren due east of Lake Ontario. Imagine CNY's Lake Effect met with that 4,000' ridge's Orographic lift. Valhalla ! Who knows, maybe the big big upheaval's coming. If it does, I hope it won't put cracks in our condo foundation.....

Trick or Treat

Hallowe'en Eve