Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3000' Forecast for Tuesday/Wednesday... BIG SNOW!

Well, for October, that is!

Check it out:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ite=btv&unit=0

Add up all the snow, and you've got totals of 7" or more at 3000'. Should be more on the summits!

Stoke. I'm flying home next Tuesday. Hopefully the peaks will still be snowcapped!

Now I have found often if the they say 1-3" that can equal up to 6 on the hill. I also saw the total of 7" which could correspond to 14" up top.

Just do not forget that in a display of SELFISH elitism no hiking will be allowed at the bush. Guards are at the ready, tazers charged.
    Pictures of the inner circle skiing should not be posted till the mountain is open for all.

Nice post. Let's take the stoke and figure out a way to be negative about it. Jeeze.. go figure...

They won't catch me.......I'm a ghost...It is halloween after all. Well almost.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

pouring down here in the hudson valley. Looks like the 'Dacks are getting the best of this one (they can have October).

Pictures please. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure
    Just do not forget that in a display of SELFISH elitism no hiking will be allowed at the bush. Guards are at the ready, tazers charged.
    Pictures of the inner circle skiing should not be posted till the mountain is open for all.
    Whoa there. That is not the case. I think as has been said in here the past couple years that SB has voiced liability concerns as well as the fact that there usually is machinery on the hill when snowmaking begins. Not sure how this is selfish elitism...sounds like some common sense. Now skiing at LP is not necessarily allowed in pre-season...but if done discretely and with care, fine.

I don't think they care if you ski/hike at Ellen for turns. The fact is that they can't really stop you that easily and that they have better things to do. But again, don't be stupid about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure
    Am I to assume that by elitist inner circle you are referring to two employees and a proffessional photographer directed to take promotional photgraphs for the mountain? And this bothers you? And you don't think the mountain should promote its product? And you definitely don't want to see stoke photos posted here? Just checking. Got it.

So, much for the promotions for the mountain. If one has not noticed the Stoke exchange on the website did not update this last week with those pictures. I still got my weekly email with the pictures, but the stoke did not change. So, I guess the mountain had other ideas about promoting hike for your turns. But I still want to see some pictures of those who do the next few days. to keep me stoked for opening day. Hopefully they will turn the guns on sooner than 11/1 to preserve some of the fresh stuff that is going to fall and move the opening up a week. But wait, Maybe those of us who receive the email are the elitists???? So, if you got the email showing those pictures then print it and keep a copy of it on yourself, so if you do get stopped you can just show the workers that you had an invitation!!!!!!

this was the kitty's response ; }

From their blog: And locals Kevin St. Gelais and younger sister Sarah took advantage of the early season snowfall and bagged some early turns at Wildcat Mountain today, Friday, October 24th two days after this past Wednesday's accumulation. Thank you Kevin and Sarah for sharing the stoke and photos...you made my day and I couldn't share these quick enough. Seriously...battling an internet connection today prevented me from posting these sooner. Way to poach it*

(*Wildcat Mountain can not condone accessing its trails by snowsports enthusiasts because trails are not maintained or patrolled and can be hazardous when negotiating rocks, water bars, snowmaking equipment, etc. Wildcat Mountain is located 100% within U.S.F.S White Mountain National Forest, please respect it and Wildcat Mountain and its property [seriously, people are resorting to stealing sheaves?]...you know we had to disclose that)
    http://www.skiwildcat.com/show_image.html?thumb=691

Pretty close to what Win said on Thursday. Any "Cat" skiing tomorrow?

Anything???

Roger Hill's Forecast updated this evening for MRG, sweet spot on Thurs morning now?...

SNOW BEGINS TONIGHT & LINGERS THRU THURSDAY MORNING. The best shot of late October snow so far is headed our way, as rain changes to snow and lowers down the mountain side tonight. Low pressure expected to track northward up the Connecticut River producing a wide swath of rain, but, tonight the intensification process coupled with colder air swinging in on the back side of the storm system, should lower the snow level down to the valley floor before sunrise Wednesday. At that point, the best moisture fields will have moved north into Canada, but a strong west to northwesterly flow will set the stage for up-slope snows. As the cold moist air rams up against the Green Mountains, several inches of snow will fall overnight and continue into Wednesday. Mad River Glen - Up-sloping snows should deliver a solid 4" to 7" inches by early Thursday morning with the main gig happening late tonight tomorrow morning and secondary flare up Wednesday evening. A weak area of higher pressure should work into the region with partial afternoon sunshine later in the day Thursday. Roger Hill

Snow is falling in Warren at 1450 feet. Just started, not sticking to the ground yet, but soon I'm sure.

It has just changed over ~ at the base.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

It's pumping pretty hard in north fayston. 33 degrees. not sticking yet though!

It is white in East Warren!